Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Rough running problems 96 Classic

996 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  B1gRed 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Any help or advice would be gratefully received. I already own a chopped 99 Drifter but I've recently also purchased a totally stock 96 Classic D1 model.

Since day one it has been running rough at low revs. The bike ticks over ok at idle but as soon as you add power it starts to run rough. Originally, I found it was fouling the rear plugs which I took to be running a bit to rich.

So far I've changed the tank due to sediment, fuel filter, plugs, coils and I've completely cleaned the carb out. I've adjusted the mixture to 2 and a half turns. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to try next?

As far a plugs go, I tried both one grade hotter and one cooler. I've also tried a mixture of two grades, one hotter at the front and the other cooler set on the rear cylinder. Not much change.

I find that the bike seems to run nice at higher rev ranges so over 80mph but is rough from idle until I get up to speed.

Cheers for any help,

Red

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.