Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1996L C3 Ignitor vacuum hose broke...

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  vscoy00 
#1 ·
On my Ignitor part #21119 at this link:

1996 Kawasaki VULCAN 1500L (VN1500-C3) Ignition System | Babbitts Kawasaki Partshouse

is a vacuum hose. The male piece that goes into the hose is molded into the body of the Ignitor.

That make piece broke and now I have no way to get the vacuum hose to plug back into the Ignitor.

How vital is it to run this hose? What purpose does it serve? Will it hurt to run it without?

It seems so illogical that they would mold the male piece into the Ignitor rather than have it be a replaceable part. $480 for a new ignitor is crazy over a 3/4in. long piece of plastic.

Thanks for the help and input!

#6 ·
implications?

I have no idea how long it may have possibly ran for like this. I think I did it yesterday when connecting the drain hose to my battery but I cant be 100% positive.

Would the bike still have ran without it connected? If so, what damage could I have done?

Thanks!

#7 ·
follow up

Excellent! Thanks!

What kind of epoxy do you suggest? I was thinking about a gel type super glue that I have used to hold the leather tips on cue sticks for billiards. They receive a pretty tough beating when breaking the racks open so I figured that would suffice?

#5 ·
Excellent! Thanks!

What kind of epoxy do you suggest? I was thinking about a gel type super glue that I have used to hold the leather tips on cue sticks for billiards. They receive a pretty tough beating when breaking the racks open so I figured that would suffice?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.