Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Fuel Filter

13K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  robyray 
#1 ·
Where is the fuel filter located on a 2004 vulcan 1500FI nomad

#2 ·
Mine is a 2006 and the "fuel filter" is a screen and a non replaceable metal filter inside the tank. The fuel filter is part of the pump assembly and I just ain't gonna pay $600 for a new assembly.

#5 ·
Well i was ridin and it started sputtering and missin like it was trying to die so i pulled in the clutch and gave it alot of throttle and it would go back to fine then few sec later do it again so i did same thing and it did same. I jst bought it guy said it had sit for awhile havent had chance to pull plugs yet but was thinkin something maybe n tank that clogged filter

#13 ·
Plugs looked nasty changed them and tried openin gas cap still does same thing my brother asked me where i got gas at i told him said he knew of few people gettin gas there and ended up with some water could that be the cause it did run fine until i had to put gas in it when i bought it had half tank ran fine then i filled up and bout day later is when trouble started

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.