comments/suggestions please - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
comments/suggestions please

anyone over there close to or knows someone who works at a vance hines outlet ?
please see attached pic of my vulcan 1600 classic 2008 UK model with V&H pipes. these are the ''ONLY pipes V&H do for this bike, the bracket for supporting the mufflers attaches to the right side footpeg mount, as can be seen in the pic the bracket supplied with the pipes is approx 1 1/2 inches too long.
For three months i have had correspondence with V&H here in the uk and in germany where the pipes were supplied. I think the bracket that i have is for and exhaust system for a meanstreak, anyway V&H now have washed their hands of the whole affair and to be blunt have been most unhelpful. i don't need a bracket as i have manufactured my own, see second pic. i would just like to know have any of you guys fitted these pipes, was your bracket ok, or has anyone had the same problem.
if someone has any ideas feel free to print off the pics to show a V&H supplier in your area.
kind regards and stay safe

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 07:34 PM
I have an 03 classic with V&H bigshots... mine lines up perfect with the rear side. Not sure about the meanstreak

Mine did crack at the crossover tube.. had it sleeved and rewelded.. all is fine again
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 03:04 AM Thread Starter
big dog.
thx for that, if mine was the correct bracket i could accept a 1/16 or 1/32 misalignment as i could get rid of this as there is a little play at the dog bone fasteners, this bracket is the wrong one, and it was a shot in the dark that someone who is in the know from V&H may read my post.
keep safe.
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode