low end throttle - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

low end throttle

Is there anything to do to make the 'off the line' torque better on the 1600 classic. Ive done the caddman mod, the resistor mod and de-baffled the stock pipes. Its wonderful, when you are full-on wide open, but I would like some more pull from the start. Does a fuel processor help with that, or pipes??
Or is that just the way the engine is tuned?

PD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 08:40 AM

De-baffling the stock pipes gets you louder sound but not much air flow, so aftermarket pipes would help and then add a fuel processor to put it all together. With all the changes you are still not going to be that fast off the line, but it does help. On my bike I did it all, and it did run great, nice pull etc., I went back to stock intake with just the K and N air filter replacing the stock one, leaving the V and N pipes (with same stove pipe rope wrapping the baffles), and adjusting the FI2000 for that set-up. This gives me better than stock low end, but on the highway I do not have the louder pipes and intake (air sucking in sound) to deal with.

Help that helped up, mj

2007, 1600 Nomad, Black and Chrome, Fairing/windshield w/Stereo/GPS, Throttle lock/Assist, Handlebar raisers, Head Light Modulator, Trunk w/ top rack, backrest. Corbin Seat w/backrest, V and H pipes w/valkyrie end tips, Intake stock, Top and side rails on bags. Foot pegs, Wolo horn, extra running lights in back, Some pinstriping and chrome to bring out the black.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 09:29 PM
Top Contributor

Dyno tune.
It eliminates the guesswork and shows your engine current state of tune and whether it needs to be dialed in.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 07:18 PM

Belt driven supercharger!! Or turbo charger.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode