modified caddman intake - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

modified caddman intake

Has anyone done this mod? I would like to just the right side. It seems its as easy as disconnecting the ICS on the right and adding the air filter of your choosing or am i missing anything else. Whats been the power difference?? Was a Fuel Processor needed? I plan on adding the processor and new pipes eventually but if the new intake gives me a boost now for that cheap, I'll go ahead and do it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 12:59 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
I just installed the Caddman intake on my 08 !500 Classic. Left the left side alone. The bike is stored so I haven't run it with this mod yet. You'll be OK without a Fuel Processor until you replace the exhaust. These are the components I used.

K&N E-3527 High Performance Custom Air Filter $39.57 Amazon.com LLC
Spectre Performance 4770 9" x 2" Air Cleaner $19.99

Jone'n for a ride but will have to wait till spring.

Last edited by reddyford; 11-17-2012 at 01:16 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

So i did the mod.. Just got the Spectre air filter and went from there. I did nothing to the left side and just took out the ICS from the right and added the filter. It does have a more airy sound which I guess is due to the open filter(right??) I did notice a big torque difference on heavy throttle.. IT GOES QUICK!! The roll-on at highway was a little better but not like the full-throttle difference. I'm sure it will get even better when I add the Cobra processor and pipes, but for now I'LL TAKE IT!!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittdave View Post
So i did the mod.. Just got the Spectre air filter and went from there. I did nothing to the left side and just took out the ICS from the right and added the filter. It does have a more airy sound which I guess is due to the open filter(right??) I did notice a big torque difference on heavy throttle.. IT GOES QUICK!! The roll-on at highway was a little better but not like the full-throttle difference. I'm sure it will get even better when I add the Cobra processor and pipes, but for now I'LL TAKE IT!!
That is one way to do it, and I have done it that way too. With the stock pipes you should be OK, but check the plugs to make sure you are not runing too lean. When you get around to it, add pipes and a fuel processor and then you will FEEL the dif.

07, Nomad, Fairing/Recurve windshield, 220 watt 4 speaker AM/FM USB/GPS, Cell holder/charger, Throttle lock, 12" Handlebars/Grips, Head Light Modulator, Trunk w/ top rack/backrest. Corbin Seat w/backrest, V and H pipes w/valkyrie end tips, Intake K and N 9" filters, Cobra FI Processor, Top & side rails on bags, leather covers w/pockets on rear bag guards. Foot pegs, one off lowers on engine guard, Wolo horn, extra running lights, fork lowers, pinstriping and chrome to bring out the black.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 04:23 PM

Just an FYI. Spectre 47708 kit is the same as the "4770" listed on the Caddman install page. However, it is the Spectre performance filter (K&N knockoff). And I found a great deal at SFX Performance for $34.11 after shipping. Carid.com has it for $33.99 shipped as well.

And for those out there who think this is a difficult modification, rest assured. I installed my half-Caddman set-up in 5 minutes with very basic tools.

2003 Vulcan Classic 1600
-16" Apes with braided lines
-Hard Krome 3" Res-Tec pipes
-Full Caddman with resistor mod
-Biltwell white grips
-Shinko 777 white walls
-Factory driving lights and crashbar

2002 Mean Streak (sold)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013, 09:35 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to philvt
Has anyone done this mod with a carbed model 1500?? If so I would LOVE to pick your brain!

Meanie, SO GLAD you mentioned that. I was hoping there was some way to do that and not have to mess with the base white filters. Rock on!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode