Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

What is the name of this colour?

7K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  shiloh101 
#1 ·
I've been riding my 2005 Vulcan 1600 Classic for three years now and have been endeavouring to discover the name of it's colour to order touch-up paint for a couple of small stone chips.

I bought it from the original owner who called it maroon or brown. In researching reviews of the model online, I cannot find any mention of the real name of this colour, although there are plenty of photos of the bike in this colour with the gold stripes. Red, black and beige seem to be the colours which are mentioned in the "official" literature for the 2005 Vulcan Classic model.

The closest I got was a bike magazine review from 2005 in which the author called it "Root Beer Pearlcoat"; his own description of the colour, not the official name according to him. It's pretty accurate actually, especially when the bike's in the sun and the light catches metallic flake. Almost a dark copper ("root beerish") in sunlight and on overcast days it looks like a burgundy/brown.

I wrote to Kawasaki and provided them with the VIN, date of manufacture, etc,... and they replied that could not identify the actual name of the colour in what I am sure was a modified form letter.

Does anyone know the real name of this colour? I've attached a photo of my bike for reference. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Badger1600

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
From the pic it looks like its a deep plum color. if its not to hard you could take one of the covers off and take it to lowes and see if they can scan it and maybe give you some kind of idea.

#3 ·
Check ColorRite Motorcycle Paint

Do a search on year/make/model and they'll show you all the colors it came in and the paint code.

#5 ·
Thanks, Cru. I should have mentioned in my post that I tried that last year and the colour did not come up in the search. In dealing with ColoRite, they recommended a colour, which I bought, but it was not a match; very dark like a burnt bronze colour. I`ll check in on their site again to see if I have better luck.

#8 ·
Ugly Aggie red.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.