Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

After market horn

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Rider 50 
#1 ·
Me again....the stock horn on the Nomad is a joke...hardly emits a peep. What are good,reasonably priced after market options ?
cheers

#6 ·
Wolo Bad Boy, about $35 with relay at AutoZone or Oreilly's.
Uses existing wiring, I used a piece of old inner tube and a conduit clamp and mounted mine on the crash bar.
The conduit clamp is the type with the screw/bolt in it and as you turn the bolt the clamp tightens around the crash bar. $2.00 give or take.

#7 ·
I installed the wolo on my 2011 nomad 1700. I personally didn't care for the look of it on the crash bar so I installed it under the right side cover. I understand that bikes with abs occupy this space. It worked really well on my bike and it sure does get the attention of the cagers. No more beep beep.

Here are some pics

#8 ·
I went with the woo loo all chrome with chrome cover. A little more but I like the shiny.

Attachments

#9 ·
Wayfarer,

To each their own, but in my opinion if you mount the horn anyplace other than the the closest point to the front you are wasting your time and energy and money. Granted, mounted to the crash bar may not be the prettiest, but I want as much sound going in front of me and not honking under my butt making me think people can hear it, or honking toward the road which will not move anyway.
I want the sound in front of me as much as possible to ward off the crash if possible. Putting the horn in the side cover does about as much good as mounting it in the saddle bag, so it might as well just sit in the garage on the shelf for all the good that would do.
To each their own, this is my last comment on this subject.

#10 ·
Got the FIAMM freeway blaster- wow-what a difference !! and cheap too. Was a bit worried about installation as my wrenching skills are sorely lacking-but couldnt be easier- basically plug and play-used the bracket that came with the horn, but could also fit the original bracket if so desired-if anyome else looking for an aftermarket horn, go with this one.

#11 ·
Dean, I understand your concern but when I touched the horn on a recent ride all of the bikes in front of me heard it clearly, even over their loud Harley pipes. The guy in the front, three bikes up, asked me what kind of horn it was when we stopped. He said he thought he had a semi behind him. So evidently the sound is not muffled at all.

As you said, to each his own. I really like the way it turned out. Better than any of the other options I have seen.

Of course if Maw Kaw would put a real horn on to begin with it would save a lot of of time, effort and money in trying to be louder than a tricycle horn.

Reactions: Rider 50
#12 ·
I am picking up a Wolo horn today at harbour freight. under $40 w/tax. I am so tired of the Meep Meep. If it was loud people would think it was a Plymouth Road Runner, instead of a Pee Wee Herman bike lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.