Well I did it. That's about the best I can say. Ive had them debaffled for about three days now and I like the sound, on throttle, on idle it's not much different. What a mess it was to do. In retrospect, I wish I had just left well enough alone and waited to buy some new pipes.
I used a one inch holesaw and extension just like black beasty did, but I had a hell of a time getting all of the baffles out. There are 3 thin walls of steel built inside the pipes, these are super easy to drill out. What I was NOT prepared for was the honeycomb of metal that sits about dead center in the pipe. My holesaw hit that and shredded pieces of metal all over the place. It became compacted and immovable. 6 hours later, and with a lot of banging, pushing, drilling, and cussing, I finally got the holesaw bit out and a majority of the twisted metal pieces, I say most because there is still some crammed in there that will be there untill the good lord comes back for us.
when I moved to the second pipe I was wishing I'd never started. However, I did things a little bit different to save me the trouble. I drilled through the 3 metal walls VERY gently and stopped before I went too far and destroyed the metal honeycomb. That took about 15 minutes and gets just as good airflow and sound as the first pipe.
Unfortunately the first pipe is now bent slightly and doesn't quite bolt right to the bike anymore, I can only get one bolt to line up. also it's tilted down so it touches the bottom pipe at the rear. Not very pretty. But louder....
If you want to debaffle your pipes, be very careful and don't drill through the honeycomb, it will save you a lot of trouble.