35 years and I had my first crash yesterday. - Page 10 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 117 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
 
smedlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South of Houston
Posts: 4,066
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolpig59 View Post
Bare: Houston calling, come in Bare. Bare, this is Houston, please respond with SITREP, come in Bare.
I wouldn't tell him how much you have to spend though..

or the bike is going to be priced at THAT amount

Yes, I'm a Chrome Whore.

2004 Vulcan 2000
smedlin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 117 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
1946-2014
 
Coolpig59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by smedlin View Post
I wouldn't tell him how much you have to spend though..

or the bike is going to be priced at THAT amount
Too late, already posted it. I still retain the power of rejection on any offer that could make my butt hurt.
Coolpig59 is offline  
post #93 of 117 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 10:37 PM
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
 
smedlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South of Houston
Posts: 4,066
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolpig59 View Post
Too late, already posted it. I still retain the power of rejection on any offer that could make my butt hurt.
Well darn.

There goes my suggestion then..

Yes, I'm a Chrome Whore.

2004 Vulcan 2000
smedlin is offline  
post #94 of 117 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 09:12 PM
gus
Lifetime Premium
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Laredo, Texas
Posts: 97
Hey Coolpig at least you can talk about it. I hadn't been on this forum since Sept 4 due to something similar. I was riding home and some lady ran a stop sign. Like you I tasted pavement and had a couple of peperonies on my face. After leaving the hospita. with broken ribs and a few other dents on me, I had to fight with her insurance reps. I decided on hiring an attorney. Well my insurance paid for my damages which by the way some were on the engine gaurd and foot rest. I had the presence of mind to pick up my right leg right before impact. My foot rest was bent up somehting aweful up against the engine. I can walk pretty good still. Nothing on my legs except for a peperoni on my knee. On the bright side my bike will be ready and rideable by Wednesday and I can't wait.

gus
'06 V2K
VROC 25451
Ultimate Seat
odo 25.5K
gus is offline  
post #95 of 117 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 09:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus View Post
Hey Coolpig at least you can talk about it. I hadn't been on this forum since Sept 4 due to something similar. I was riding home and some lady ran a stop sign. Like you I tasted pavement and had a couple of peperonies on my face. After leaving the hospita. with broken ribs and a few other dents on me, I had to fight with her insurance reps. I decided on hiring an attorney. Well my insurance paid for my damages which by the way some were on the engine gaurd and foot rest. I had the presence of mind to pick up my right leg right before impact. My foot rest was bent up somehting aweful up against the engine. I can walk pretty good still. Nothing on my legs except for a peperoni on my knee. On the bright side my bike will be ready and rideable by Wednesday and I can't wait.
Roll on wed Gus, good luck man.
V2Celt is offline  
post #96 of 117 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 07:54 AM
Top Contributor
 
Jammin'John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tug Hill Plateau
Posts: 727
Wink Deer

Most of my accidents have been deer collisions.
Living in the wilderness https://www.google.com/search?q=tug+...w=1200&bih=677 I have a lot of the little bastards to deal with.

JJ

'97 Valkyrie Tourer '06 Stratoliner Midnight '09 V2KLT

NOT a member of an organized religion
Jammin'John is offline  
post #97 of 117 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 08:20 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
Old Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 2,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin'John View Post
Most of my accidents have been deer collisions.
Living in the wilderness https://www.google.com/search?q=tug+...w=1200&bih=677 I have a lot of the little bastards to deal with.
JJ
Ya do that here in Tennessee, at least you have the option to take it home and cook it! Can't do that with cagers though - they don't cook well, too stringy!
Old Bear is offline  
post #98 of 117 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 08:53 AM
Top Contributor
 
Dadinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Guston, Ky
Posts: 541
Just read this thread, Pig.

Crashing truly does suck...

Glad you came out pretty much OK, considering.

Good Luck getting a new bike.

Sorry for the loss of the V2K.

Hope you heal quick.

2008 V2K Classic LT.
Ride Long and Prosper
Dadinator is offline  
post #99 of 117 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6
My First on My 2000

After 58,000 plus miles and 3 years on my 2000 classic I went down. I have over $6,000.00 in extras added to the bike. It has a bent frame. Front end is bent to left sitting on the bike. Now what do I do ? Sell it to a salvage yard ? Piece part it on Craigs list ? I don't know if it's worth all the time and money to fix her. What do you all think ?
kevmac1959 is offline  
post #100 of 117 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
1946-2014
 
Coolpig59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmac1959 View Post
After 58,000 plus miles and 3 years on my 2000 classic I went down. I have over $6,000.00 in extras added to the bike. It has a bent frame. Front end is bent to left sitting on the bike. Now what do I do ? Sell it to a salvage yard ? Piece part it on Craigs list ? I don't know if it's worth all the time and money to fix her. What do you all think ?
If you didn't have collision insurance you're much better off to just set it up on the stand somewhere and start tearing it apart for the pieces.

The engine alone is probably worth $2500, approximately. All of the accessories that you have on it you can probably sell them to other guys that own Vulcans. At least you could get some money back out of it.
Coolpig59 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome