09 V2K now has a new friend in the garage! - Page 3 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 07:54 AM
Top Contributor
 
Kyrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 643
"She (only 4 yo) loves riding up the road and back with me."

Good luck finding riding gear. My 11yo rides with me and I had problems finding gear that would fit when she was younger. Now my problem is she's into adult sizes and outgrows it every other season. She's 11 and already 5'4" and 110lbs. I'm only 5'10" and am growing out much more than up I'm afraid My buddy and I take our daughters on "educational" bike trips every year, great time together.

Sorry for the thread hijack.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thread hijack.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	14034  
Kyrocket is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: south of houston Tx.
Posts: 207
Garage
The bikes wont get along in the same garage. To much testasterone. They be fighting in a months time.. but it is a goodlooking wing.
remcbride is offline  
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Member
 
Beast_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ms
Posts: 97
nice pair you got there

there will be jealousy between the two,,, but then again,,, when you mount one,,, it will forget you have been with another. both need attention,,, regularly... seriously,,, nice bike,,, color me green with envy...
Beast_rider is offline  
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 08:06 AM
Top Contributor
 
Hockeyref's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 563
Nice 'wing, I've had two Gold wings and they are great touring bikes. Knees get to feeling cramped from being bent too much when driving around town (guess I sound old when I say that). I do miss some of the amenities like electronic cruise, heated vents on those cold days, etc.

2006 V2K Classic LT Black/Chrome
Lots of chrome goodies, sagebrush engine guard chaps for cold days in Manitoba, Rumble Road speakers, Garmin gps, tank bib, modified seat, Ohlins rear shock - best investment ever!!, locking saddlebags, Kuryakyn luggage, brake-away cruise control, and more stuff every year.
Hockeyref is offline  
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 07:12 PM
RidinThunder
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyref View Post
Nice 'wing, I've had two Gold wings and they are great touring bikes. Knees get to feeling cramped from being bent too much when driving around town (guess I sound old when I say that). I do miss some of the amenities like electronic cruise, heated vents on those cold days, etc.
That been knee thing is my only complaint with the Gold Wing. I even put new highway pegs on that was a waste of money. Just haven't got the right system down yet. Oh, and you're not the only one getting old. My geezer mobile will be a triked out wing that is for sure. Just hope they do something about the leg room. Had an 84 in 1997 and you couldn't tell me what day it was. And as always, an extra gear would be nice.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 07:47 PM
RidinThunder
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by UscgMac View Post
I love the wing. Best touring bike ever made. Boy are they pricy but that engine lasts forever. Good luck and enjoy. Wondering what you paid for it?
Paid 11K for the bike. Probably a little over priced. But I took into consideration all the things the bike already has on it versus what I would have to spend getting another to look the same. Several people that know more about wings than I said I got a good deal with all the accessories that are already there. Others have said that the bike has several thousand just in lights alone. Plus it looks great. I talked to the previous owner who bought it new and he said it was well taken care of. This was his sixth wing. Always garage kept and it looks it as well. It does have a lot of miles though. Probably looking at a rebuild some time down the road. Just hope to enjoy it some before them. Have been trying to come up with something to add to the bike so that I could say I did something but all I've been able to come up with is new flags and an Ipod of all things. Everything else is already there. Probably gonna need a different set of highway pegs too. Sorry for the long response time.

Ride Safe!
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Top Contributor
 
Jammin'John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tug Hill Plateau
Posts: 731
Wink Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinThunder View Post
Paid 11K for the bike. Probably a little over priced. But I took into consideration all the things the bike already has on it versus what I would have to spend getting another to look the same. Several people that know more about wings than I said I got a good deal with all the accessories that are already there. Others have said that the bike has several thousand just in lights alone. Plus it looks great. I talked to the previous owner who bought it new and he said it was well taken care of. This was his sixth wing. Always garage kept and it looks it as well. It does have a lot of miles though. Probably looking at a rebuild some time down the road. Just hope to enjoy it some before them. Have been trying to come up with something to add to the bike so that I could say I did something but all I've been able to come up with is new flags and an Ipod of all things. Everything else is already there. Probably gonna need a different set of highway pegs too. Sorry for the long response time.

Ride Safe!
I don't think you'll need a rebuild.
As a wing ages you'll have to deal with electrical gremlins {to be fair all bikes & cars for that matter have that issue} and shaft drive issues.

JJ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ivyride 016.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	14078  

'97 Valkyrie Tourer '06 Stratoliner Midnight '09 V2KLT

NOT a member of an organized religion
Jammin'John is offline  
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 12:08 PM
Top Contributor
 
Hockeyref's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinThunder View Post
That been knee thing is my only complaint with the Gold Wing. I even put new highway pegs on that was a waste of money. Just haven't got the right system down yet. Oh, and you're not the only one getting old. My geezer mobile will be a triked out wing that is for sure. Just hope they do something about the leg room. Had an 84 in 1997 and you couldn't tell me what day it was. And as always, an extra gear would be nice.
I had two wings, and '84 and a '95. The newer one had highway pegs that were almost floor-boards. They were a life-saver for me on long trips. That and my dear wife giving me back rubs on the road.

2006 V2K Classic LT Black/Chrome
Lots of chrome goodies, sagebrush engine guard chaps for cold days in Manitoba, Rumble Road speakers, Garmin gps, tank bib, modified seat, Ohlins rear shock - best investment ever!!, locking saddlebags, Kuryakyn luggage, brake-away cruise control, and more stuff every year.
Hockeyref is offline  
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pac Nw & Thailand
Posts: 83
Beautiful Bike

I would love to have a Wing, budget won't let and neither will my wife-lol.
Angrywarvet is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome