What Fuel Processor - Page 4 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 12:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: West Central Illinois just past BFE
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by smedlin View Post
Yeah I know. LOL That is the next step. I'm just seeing if there is any interest.
ZLRider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator
 
Romans5.8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 7,064
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLRider View Post
Yeah I know. LOL That is the next step. I'm just seeing if there is any interest.
You might have better luck down in the classifieds section. Power Commanders usually move pretty quickly down there. They are always in demand. It's one of those things where, as long as it works, it doesn't matter much if it's used because you don't see it!

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
Romans5.8 is offline  
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 12:47 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: West Central Illinois just past BFE
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
You might have better luck down in the classifieds section. Power Commanders usually move pretty quickly down there. They are always in demand. It's one of those things where, as long as it works, it doesn't matter much if it's used because you don't see it!
Thanks for the reply. I've posted it a couple times with no interest. The problem is the fact that it is specific for a 2008 - won't work on any other year. It is not eating anything so I'll post it again soon and maybe hit ebay too. Got a guy on another forum who might want to try it so sooner or later... lol
ZLRider is offline  
post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 05:51 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Near Dallas TX
Posts: 30
"to do or not to do" that is the ?

Hey CMA rider - FYI, I don't have a fuel processor yet & see that a few days ago you installed yours, but here is my input on needing one. My V2K has had Hard-Chrome pipes since new (now has 28k) & I just recently installed a K&N air box kit. After reading alot of the forum posts telling me I must have all 3 for optimum performance, well, I am not sure that it's worth the extra money. I just did a 3 day trip of over 1100 miles to Texas hill country with a bunch of Harley riding buddies, some with the stage 2 or 3 kits ( & one on a Victory) My bike could leave them all at low speeds & smoke them at 80 - 100+mph top gear roll-ons on the freeway. I don't generally haul a$$ on my bike, but we have some 85mph legal speed limits down here ! I didn't notice any hesitation or lack of power w/o a processor, but cannot really tell you one can make a difference. I'm happy the way this beast runs. I think I'll put that money into a Mustang seat !!! Hope you get yours tuned to your liking - keep us updated.
55squarefour is offline  
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
 
smedlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South of Houston
Posts: 4,093
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55squarefour View Post
Hey CMA rider - FYI, I don't have a fuel processor yet & see that a few days ago you installed yours, but here is my input on needing one. My V2K has had Hard-Chrome pipes since new (now has 28k) & I just recently installed a K&N air box kit. After reading alot of the forum posts telling me I must have all 3 for optimum performance, well, I am not sure that it's worth the extra money. I just did a 3 day trip of over 1100 miles to Texas hill country with a bunch of Harley riding buddies, some with the stage 2 or 3 kits ( & one on a Victory) My bike could leave them all at low speeds & smoke them at 80 - 100+mph top gear roll-ons on the freeway. I don't generally haul a$$ on my bike, but we have some 85mph legal speed limits down here ! I didn't notice any hesitation or lack of power w/o a processor, but cannot really tell you one can make a difference. I'm happy the way this beast runs. I think I'll put that money into a Mustang seat !!! Hope you get yours tuned to your liking - keep us updated.
When I bought my bike back in early 05, I put cobra shorties, thunder tornado air kit, and a pcIII on it.

Back around 08, I accidentally "nulled" out the pc map. Meaning it was running stock values (no map).

I ended up fouling out one of the plugs.

Yes, I'm a Chrome Whore.

2004 Vulcan 2000
smedlin is online now  
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 41
All I can say is WOW !! I put the PC III on last Saturday but had many other things I was doing at the same time so I had not had the chance to ride it.. I have gotten everything done but putting on the new air kit... I went for a short ride last night just to check it out.... WOW what a difference it made, I can't wait now to put the air kit on and reset it and ride again, it's almost like riding a different bikeeven the way it sounds is different... or maybe I just want it to be different... no, it's different... big smile here.. thanks guys for all your input and help ...
CMARider is offline  
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 11:12 AM
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
 
smedlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South of Houston
Posts: 4,093
Garage
Wait until you get the air kit installed (and then dyno'd). THAT is when you will REALLY notice the difference.

Yes, I'm a Chrome Whore.

2004 Vulcan 2000
smedlin is online now  
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 41
I hope installing the air kit will help gas mileage.... I went on a road trip today and fuel light came on at 149 miles .... that's not good !!!!
CMARider is offline  
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Top Contributor
 
whoaru99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,637
Probably not.

149 miles when the fuel light comes on is about 34 mpg. If you've been out seeing what your new fuel processor can do that wouldn't be unexpected, IMO. I usually don't get any better than about 38 if I drive normal (by my standards) and I don't have a fuel box. I get less, quite a bit less, if I'm running it like the beast it is.

On most V2K there is at least a gallon left, maybe a bit more, when the fuel light comes on.

Last edited by whoaru99; 11-03-2012 at 09:31 PM.
whoaru99 is offline  
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 10:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 119
Spoke with a kawa mechanic in Seattle who said if he had to choose 1 from pipes-air kit- fuel processor, he would put a k+n air filter on the V2K, he suggested ECU and stock pipes would handle it fine with some extra kick to boot. Dont want to run her too lean.
What do you guys think?
V2Celt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome