Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Clutch cable replacement

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  thebaums5 
#1 ·
Hi there! I have a 2006 V2K LT and the clutch cable just snapped. Looking like about an $80 part. Any advice on how to replace/install? Do I need to drain the oil first? Are there any videos available? That would be very helpful! FYI, just glad this didn't happen on the road!

#2 ·
OEM replacement cost me $25 at the dealer. Adjustable at the center of the cable, instructions are out there on the Interweb, I used the YouTube video for a Victory, same basic procedure. No oil to drain, not hydraulic on the VN2000. Best of luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

#5 ·
You are so lucky...mine happened on the road. Now I carry an extra in my saddlebag just in case. But everyone is right...very easy to replace.

#6 ·
UPDATE! Ordered the clutch from Kawasaki Parts House: OEM Parts Diagrams & Accessories. I think I'll be spending a bunch of money with these guys! Got it inside a week. OEM, not aftermarket and only $25 (plus shipping - had I gotten 2 shipping would have been free). Installed in about 20 minutes. Back in the saddle baby!

Thanks for the help. Digging this forum already!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.