Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Parts interchange for V2K

7K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  rocnrol 
#1 ·
I'd like to start a thread that has any known parts from other bikes that work on the V2K all in one place. If it gets big enough, maybe it can be a sticky.

So please post any info you have on parts that you know from experience will work. Hopefully they are from more popular bikes and will be easier to get than V2K parts as the years go by.

I have seen posts on brake parts, fork parts and belts, but I haven't used these myself, so I'll ask those who have first-hand knowledge to post their info.

#2 ·
Hi Folks

Nearly a year ago I broke the bloody Kevlar belt on my VN 2000. While trying to drag a hardly off at the lights. Yes he got away. Bummer.

Anyway, moving on now, as I wasn't moving much at the time. I rang my local Kawa shop here in Australia, nearly $1100 dollars for a new Kevlar belt was going to cost me. Greg from Tassy' told me to inquire about a hardly belt.

Ssoooo,,,,, I lost the drag and now I'm running a carbon fibre hardly belt on my big lady. Talk about adding insult to injury!!!

The carbon belt is from "S & S Performance" SS106-0353 Belt RR; 133T x 1 1/2" FDX'95-99 w/70T PulleyFXR, FLH w/65T Pulley
This belt cost me a tad over $300

Sure the belt is a little narrower and thinner. But being new and carbon fibre, I think it is a hell of a lot stronger. ( Any ideas on this strength bit? )

I hope you all understand how hard it was for me to put this in print that I used ONE AND ONLY ONE hardly part on my big lady. Dam! I know I will not sleep at all tonight now, ( many tears of shame ) Oh the shame of it all!!!!

Enjoy Your Ride ( I do )
Terry

#11 ·
Hmm... I guess i should have simply said pistons and seals.

Back in 2011 I had my calipers chromed. The bike, being an 04, the guy wanted to replace all the internal parts.. but all the V2K stuff was on back ordered.

Since he does this stuff for a living, he realized the catalog parts was the same exact parts as the M109....

I'd be curious as to if it IS the same caliper..seeing how neither Kawi nor Suzuki actually make them..

#12 · (Edited)
Calipers on my former SV1000S are also the same as the ones on the beast, only on the SV they were flat black instead of silver. From a manufacturing standpoint, there is no reason for Tokico to make different calipers, they would all have to be individually engineered which simply isn't needed, knowing that it is going to add significant cost is just another reason as to avoid doing so. Showa is making most of the forks so they and the other suspension manufacturers have to develop some kind of semi-standardized interface with the calipers produced by Tokico, Nissin, Brembo and others to simplify things for design and manufacturing for all bike makes.

The HVA's the same as Subaru is very good to know down the road, Amazon has them at $8.79 each, far less than Ma Kawasaki.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.