Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Help! Bike bogs if more than half throttle

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  doomer 
#1 ·
My 05 vn2000a2 bogs down in all gears if I accelerate hard... I can accelerate slow but tops out at about 70 in 5th. I have powershots, pc3, secondary butterflies removed, and resistor mod. I've replaced the fuel pump/filter, air filter, spark plugs. I have also tried unplugging the pc3 and that didn't make a difference. Engine bogs and dies in park if I roll the throttle hard as well (I can roll it slow and it will rev as high as I want). It's been running great until Thursday morning last week when this started.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

#5 ·
I literally picked the bike up from the shop a couple hours ago... They couldn't find anything wrong with it, but flushed the fuel system and put new fuel with additive in and she runs like a raped ape again! Must have been bad fuel. On a side note, they recommended not using premium fuel. What's everyone's thoughts on this. They claim the bigger motor doesn't burn it hot enough and causes carbon build up.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

#6 · (Edited)
your right with that. i run mid grade most of the time. higher octane is for hotter burning motors. in simple terms. i run pretty good on mid grade gas.

what this sounds like to me is you might have had moisture in your gas tank. one thing i might recommend is making sure your gas cap is sealing good. it might be collecting moisture in the tank had that happen to a old 750. ether way glad you were able to catch it. just make sure you dont have any kind of leaks or anything that will cause it again.

in a fairly rare case im not sure how it would work on our bikes but a friend had a similar problem and we found that he was leaking gas from a fuel line. the sudden increase in power and pressure on the line showed that it wasn't sealing correctly and would dump fuel around where it connected because it wouldn't handle the pressure. i doubt this would be the case but just passing that tid bit along.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.