Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Any experience on quiet baffles 4 Freedon oerf sharp curves

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Co0terV2K 
#1 ·
Since I bought my beast it already had the the FP sharp curves on it, they are the perfect fit for the look I want but since I tested it they are LOUD!, not to sound like an old fart ( but there's no way around that) I want to quit it down a bit. The quiet baffles from FP are expensive and I just wonder if they are worth it. Can't seem to find any pix of them anywhere.
Anybody out there that can tell me if I should just wrap or mod the existing baffles in there or how much quieter it will get??? I just don't know if there is hard engendering in those or if it is FP trying to screw me out of $200.

#2 ·
Ima betn the quiet baffles aren't worth it! :grin2: joking..... think you should just trade me pipes, cobras fur freedoms, hell I'm deaf already what's a lil more noise gna hurt!:thinking:

#3 ·
@cooter: I think the Freedom Perf are the perfect look for my Beast, they don't drag either, they leave a lot of clearance from the floor and the curve goes very well with the bike lines.

The pipes tone is actually awesome, sound like it breathes very easy (maybe 2 easy). For shorter rides I do not mind the decibel level but the people beside me and behind me do mind it. Now on longer rides, the ones that take up a whole day (those are the ones I enjoy more often) and multi-day rides (those are the ones I would like to do more often) the loud noise get old really fast. Besides, I do not like any extra attention, from pep's and cops.

I haven't gone 2 up on the beast yet but I am sure it will be the first thing my wife tells me, the passenger gets more of the noise than the rider.

If I put in a quiet baffle I'm sure I will get a little more back pressure and that is a plus, I believe I will lower the overall vibration also.

What seem odd to me is that most of the baffles I can find an image off, are very simple, blocking the gases from going straight through the pipes making them to a different route through either holes on the inner pipe and/or some kind of mesh or wrap. The only reason I can think for those quiet baffles to be so well hidden is that they are actually not complex engineering but rather simple, DIY kind of mod.

Once I go into the gears I have to take the pipes off so I will look into the inner guts of them to see WTF is in there.

#5 ·
On a side note. The pipes are easy to take apart from the chrome heat shield. I took mine to brush off rust and painted with high temperature paint, I live in VA and rust is an issue. The lower part of the pipes, splits into two sections, is what houses the baffles. I believe the baffles are tack welded into place. That said, these look a lot like the Vans and Hines radius pipes for the HD and would not be surprised if they are similar sized. If I understand correctly, the owners started at V&H.

#6 ·
@V2K Rod: when you took the pipes apart, do the baffles look high tec?? mine have the normal baffles (I think there are baffles i there) and I'm thinking of buying the quiet baffles to quiet down the beast a little so I would think it would be a matter of just taking the ones in there off and placing the quiet ones in there. I hope I don't have to weld anything, just would make it more of a hassle.

#9 ·
It's not a bad idea, the only way I could improve the look would be to install the matte black ones with chrome at the tips, I get exited just thinking about it!!!! blacking out some of the remanding chrome, not all of it but most of it, turning it into "The Dark Bull"

How 'bout it Cooter, yur up 4 it? Like you said, yur already kinda deaf.
:wink2::wink2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.