Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

What's your exhaust?

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Klink 
#1 ·
It seems the general consensus is the Freedom Curves are the favorite exhaust for sound and looks. I've heard them and do agree they sound awesome but I'm not as much a fan of the curves looks. Also don't care much for 2-into-1's. What other pipes sound closest to the Freedoms? Also of course I want the best performance available. Thanks!

#4 ·
I do like the look and sound of certain exhausts on certain bikes. But for this huge bike it's my opinion that nothing beats the look of the matching LARGE exhaust which is the stock system. I even prefer the sound to any aftermarket.

#6 ·
Those are my next pick for sure, they're big enough to not get lost on this bike. Nice pipes.

#11 ·
I had my Powershots for sale for around 5 or 6 weeks but they sold just over a week ago. Keep checking here and the for sale section EVERY day or a deal might slip past you.

#12 ·
V&H Powershots. Louder than stock just cruising but not too bad. They bark pretty good though when you're getting on it or pulling a load. I like the tone as it seems a bit deeper than some, and not as loud as some of the shorties.

I think they're a good best of both worlds between single pipes and a true 2 into 1 as they have a crossover port between the two pipes.

#13 ·
I've got Road Burner Street Pro 2.5s. I got them new for $299 shipped. I love them because of how they are made. RB and Hard Krome are the same company, both under the DG brand. Road Burner usually has some model they are trying to move listed at $299. Looks like the Street Pros are back up to $399 and the Street Lites are now being moved at $299.

The best sound, IMO, are the V&H Powershots.

#14 ·
RePickrel,

I had a Cobra 2 into 1 hp after taking my stock exhaust off. I had it for a few years and was happy with the sound and power it made. Then I ran across a salvaged Hard Chrome 2 into 1 afterburner. Yipes!!! That pipe sounds like a top fuelie when you get on it, and it feels like it has more power. It is way cool.
Klink

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.