Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Cable length

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  KLR650twin 
#1 ·
Hello, I am working on a custom project and I am hoping to use the clutch and push/pull throttle cables from the Vulcan 650. Does anyone have a spare set laying around they could measure, or if possible measure them on the bike? Thanks in advanced.
Code:

I have grafted a Ninja 650 engine into my KLR650 and the Ninja cables are about 6-8" too short, the Versys cables may work but based off pictures it looks like the Vulcan has the longest cables. All three bikes, Ninja 650, Versys 650 and the Vulcan 650 share the same shortblock, so I think the cables are interchangeable.

#3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply, I have kept the option of custom cables in mind and will certainly go that route if needed. I would prefer store bought cables if possible for the lower cost and ease of access when on the road.

The cables don't have to be extremely long, the Ninja had relatively low handlebars compared to my KLR so those cables are just shorter. That in conjunction with the fact that my throttle bodies are inverted for clearance and a more horizontal intake path, which places the throttle bellcrank on the left side of the bike means I need a few extra inches of cable for my application. I think the Versys cables would work but I want to the longer of the Versys or Vulcan cables to allow for risers/wiggle room if I went to higher bars. Just looking for length measurements' Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.