Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Can't find Puig windscreen in stock

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  SKOUT 
#1 ·
I've decided that I'd like to get the Puig windscreen, but everywhere I've looked so far in the US shows them as out of stock! Hasn't changed in months. Does anybody know of anyone who has them? Or an ETA on when they'll be available? again?

#5 ·
Thanks Cliffrd. Quick question, since you have one... are they easy to take on and off? Most of my riding is around LA, surface streets and canyon curves. I don't really need or want the screen. But for those rare trips out of town with some highway driving, it would come in really handy.

#6 ·
I had the same out of stock problem, wound up getting mine from a member here.

I think you can remove the two bolts that hold the mounting brackets, one on each side, without taking the screen off the brackets first. I've left mine on since I got it so I'm not sure but if so it would be just those two bolts each time. Just be sure to put the stock ones back in when the screen isn't on.

#8 ·
Hey SKOUT,
I just saw your question - 6 weeks later. Sorry 'bout that. Probably way too late, but..
It's not difficult to put on/take off, but it's not really meant to do that. As KeepRidin said, just a couple of bolts, but not the same ones with/without the windscreen. I just leave mine on. It's not intrusive at all.

Anyone else find that wind noise is worse with the windscreen? I've gotten used to it, but it seems much noisier to me.

#10 ·
Hey there: I actually ended up going with the smaller cafe deflector instead. It looks great, and provides just enough protection from wind buffeting at highway speeds. I'm 5'-7" so it probably wouldn't do as well with taller folks but works great for me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.