Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Two brothers px1?

4K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  MARINE 
#1 ·
Has anyone actually used the px1 tip silincer for their two brothers exhaust? I got my exhaust last week, and Damn it is loud. I have a px1 tip coming in tomorrow. Just wondering the difference in sound compared to the show drain thing. If nothing else I'll try to post a vid on my setup before and after.

#3 ·
I love the sound too! yet I like to ride every day I can. Warming up the bike at 7 am wakes my neighbors though. So I want to knock down the volume a bit. was going to do a diy, but the inner tip threw me off. it was a t20 for the outer tip. Than looked like a 3mm or 4mm, but a t15 worked on the inner tip. Unlike other TBR exhaust this one does not have a bucket built in to receive a p1 or p1x tip. Because of that I think it doesn't fit that great. That is why I was feeling around the tip at the end of the video. I did nit feel a exhaust leek. The Bosch db app showed with out the tip it was at 115 db. After installing the tip it 106 db. As
I heard it still has a good sound. I will see how it actually sounds when I ride it tomorrow.

Any who, hear is te link to the video.

https://youtu.be/Q0hNYJtczlU

#6 ·
Yeah I know... In person there is a slight difference. That might be that I have it backed into my garage close to the wall. Also might be that the exhaust doesn't have the bucket to fit it properly. I will ride again tomorrow to see. I know yesterday after a toys for tots ride it was louder than a Harley Davidson 480 iron with a VH exhaust system. My ears were cracking when I went WOT.

#9 · (Edited)
I came up with the ghetto sink strainer mod as a quick solution after a TwoBros representative told me the P1X tip wouldn't fit. I ride every day and discovered my ears would ring after each half hr trip to and from work.
Long story short my mod takes off enough db's to remove the harsh sound but keeps the same tone and rumble.

For the record both mods have the same amount of opening. Single hole bling vs multiple holes, your pick.

#14 ·
Sorry to bump up an old thread, but for those of you who have a two brothers exhaust and think its too loud, I definitely recommend a p1x.

Installation is not hard at all, probably take less than half hour.

Its still pretty loud but you can feel the difference when you start riding. It has also reduced a lot of backfiring / popping on deceleration.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.