Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

LED headlight conversion on a 2016 Vulcan S

4K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  w4ll 
#1 · (Edited)
post removed

post removed

#8 ·
I'd appreciate it if you did...I need something better than halogen for now until I can do a proper retrofit...although I may do that over the winter so might not need to 'stop gap' measure.

As for sugru...why did you need to fix the bulb to the housing? Isn't there a metal clip back there to hold the bulb in place? I haven't taken anything apart on this bike yet so sorry if that is a dumb question.

#9 ·
I too am curious as to a similar comparison pic of the before and after how Ilya did with your new set up w4II. I was thinking about doing the same to swapping out the stock with an HID or LED but I still need to do some research as to which will be a goof fit for my bike.

#10 ·
The more I ride this bike at night (every ride so far has ended at night, have 263 miles on it since picking it up on Wednesday), more I think HID's on this bike *miighttt* be okay. The stock light has a decent cutoff for a halogen reflector setup...and the reflector itself isn't a bad setup. Some stray light might get in wonky directions, but this isn't as bad of a setup as some others. So, although a proper retrofit is the way to go and is baller as heck on many levels...for those who are budget concious, a PnP HID or LED may be okay...but I'd definitely love to see a comparison.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.