Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Ilya's 2015 Vulcan S Log

5K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Ilya 
#1 ·
Hi all.

So today I became an owner of a brand new left over 2015 green Vulcan S w/out ABS. I probably won't do much to it in 2016, but I do have some plans for it in the future so this thread will be a place for me to keep a history of it for people to use as ideas, etc. and to act as a sort of 'memory' of how it started out and how it ends up.

#3 ·
For big things, yes. I'll do stuff like removing the rear tail and using a universal LED strip for brakes/turn signals that others have done soon though hah. Just need to figure out what to do with the plate.

Don't worry, it won't be stock for very long ;). That's part of the reason I want to buy it now so I could wrench on it all winter and hit the ground running in the spring.

#4 ·
If you want to hang the plate from the rear axle and you get the locator bracket, get a solid one with the ~7/8" insert to knock down the axle size. I got a generic one for a Harley and the hole was a full 1" and too big. The spacer itself was more expensive than another plate with the adaptor, so I got another assembly (which I ended up using when the first plate relocater broke.

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/11-general-vulcan-talk/227498-product-alert-axle-mount-license-plate-bracket.html < There's the thread where I mention it.

Like I've heard before: No, you didn't ask....but I volunteered the information anyways =)

#9 ·
Finally got around to doing two basic must have mods. Installed some rear spools and a battery tender as I got it ready for winter. Found out my rear stand now clears the rear fender so I'm going to return the R&G tail tidy and leave the stock one as is.

#11 ·
Yeah I got lucky. Mine is some 'cheapish' "Venom" stand from Amazon. Have the front one which is a triple tree one as well. It just barely clears the license plate and in order for me to lift the bike I have to balance it on it's wheels just so...but once I did it 3-4 times it was easy.

Fender eliminator kits are usually the very first thing I buy but this bike doesn't look too bad to me. Maybe I'll install it a year or two down the line when a better option appears (such as an integrated LED tail light like I had on my ZX6R).

#14 ·
Yeah I got lucky. Mine is some 'cheapish' "Venom" stand from Amazon......
I have the Venom as well, I described it as inexpensive, but it seems well made and hasn't leaned or bent from the first year of use. What brand are the spools you bought, and do you like them? I bought low profile spools, but it places the stand rubber-covered tang right against the swing arm as the lift starts... so I'm thinking of changing to a more standard spool set.

#12 ·
Cool yeah I got a cheapie from harbor freight. Does the job well. Also got a front wheel stand that I bolted to some plywood to stand the bike up straight.

I think the bracket is nice from the kit and have thought about just getting a different brake / lp light for it.

#13 ·
Yeah I toyed with using their bracket or a similar one and using an LED strip that has turn signal LED's built into it but decided to leave the big stock one for now. Again, one of the few bikes where it actually isn't an eyesore....for now lol.

Next up: Passenger seat with pegs + a sissy bar with luggage rack. That'll happen closer to spring most likely. After that I'll be done for a good while due to the wedding, etc.

#16 · (Edited)
So, finally got around to installing the Kawasaki rear seat and rear foot pegs I've had for a while since we had some freak 70* weather in February...and gave my fiance her first ride on the new bike. Next plan is to get a nice sissy bar setup to give her a back rest. I'm thinkin the Hepco & Becker sissy bar that has the rack on the back so we can do some small day trips, etc.

Here is the thread on how to do it:

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/130-vulcan-650-s/250961-howto-install-kawasaki-rear-footpegs.html

Pictures (before and after):

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.