Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

What did you do with your stock exhaust after replacing it?

7K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  KiLL CraZy 
#1 ·
I been riding for about 2 weeks now with my new TBR exhaust and I'm trying to figure out what to do with the old stock exhaust. I have a small place so it's hard to find a spot for the clunkyness of it. Does it have any resale value? Should I just give it to the dealer? (that is if they even take it) Or would it be better to just hold onto to it for future reference.

Just curious to see what you guys have done with your stock exhaust after putting on an aftermarket one.

#3 ·
To elaborate on my earlier point, I was at a dealer yesterday test riding a Vulcan S. I asked him how much he'd give me on trade for my 2013 ZX6R and he said $6k as is. I have like $3k worth of mods on that bike. I asked him how much he'd give me if I demodded it and sold it separately and just gave him a stock bike on trade and he said $5,500. Needless to say, I'm going to try to sell it as-is for what I want ~$8k privately...if I don't succeed in 2-3 weeks I will start to demod it and sell off the parts separate.

#10 ·
TB claim that the OEM weighs 22lb and theirs weighs 10.

I couldn't be bothered weighing either when I bought mine but I know I was very surprised how heavy the stock one felt when I took it off.

If you are planning on storing the old one, tape shut all 4 openings. Kid's and critters love depositing random crap in places you would never imagine.
One such example, I bought a second hand electric oil radiator heater for $5 on the bay. I remembered my younger siblings would put coins in the air vent slots on our old one when we were kids so when I got home I opened my bought one up and found $6.20 worth of coins inside.

#11 ·
Good point Cpt. I didn't even think of that, I will now do that when I get a chance.

Drifter - Like Cpt. said. TB site says stock is 22, I don't have the stock one on me now due to when I did the change, I did it at my friends place and the stock one is still over there. If/when I get a chance to go their to retrieve it, Ill weight it to see if it's the 22lbs that TB says it is. Though to my surprise like Cpt said, when I took off the stock it did have a lot more weight to it then the TB one did. Ill keep you posted.

#13 · (Edited)
Yup...mods only benefit the current rider...
If you look at NADA, etc. pricing guides for used bikes the standard adder for aftermarket mods (not the more popular add-ons from the OEMs that might be listed as Options with separate line prices), it's a max of 30% of documented receipts.
This only applies to SOME bikes...i.e. Harleys.

MOTORCYCLES/ATVS/UTILITY - Due to custom features such as chrome, paint, engine modifications, and market conditions, some values may increase by as much as 10%-30%.

That's IF you did a tidy install...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.