Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

New Exhaust from Delkevic?

26K views 60 replies 18 participants last post by  Newfiezedder 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I thought the exact same, however, this is also the least expensive exhaust I have seen yet and I like this style over others - it has the more traditional cruiser look. I'm also leery of other options being way too loud, but this one with a 21" baffle is tempting.

#4 ·
WOW! That is nice...love how it hangs and goes back to the center of the rear wheel.

I just sent them an email to see if it comes in Black or Flat Black and for a Decibel Rating to see how loud it is...but for the price it just might be worth taking a chance on.

If it does come in Flat Black to match my Vulcan S I will definitely breakout the "Plastic" and order it right then and there.

Wonder how much it would cost to have it Powder Coated in Flat Black?

Thanks for finding and posting this...love it....

#6 ·
I called Delkevic, they do not offer anything in Black, they don't powder or ceramic coat there pipes they are all offered in only Stainless. The black options they do have on other exhausts are for the can's that they have carbon fiber for.

Still nothing on a quote from a local coating company.

#23 ·

Just installed it, it's not going to matter which ones you use they aren't going to fit w/ the back section of pipe attached. I may consider removing it for the season if I decided to put it on a stand for an extended period of time (I don't have a stand, or bobbins at this time.) Removing sounds like a pain, but it is literally 2 bolts, 1 minute worth of work.

This is something future purchasers might want to consider though, if you routinely put it up.

#13 · (Edited)
That's funny :D When I called to order my headers, the girl asked if I was doing the whole exhaust. I told her no, unless they have more of a conventional exhaust akin to a simple pipe....nothing sporty or racy. She said no and I ordered on. Later, I sent them either a pic or a video of the exhaust with my black exhaust saying how good it all fit together.

I guess they are listening.

#15 ·
Here it is off the bike when I was wrapping the headers. The close up is showing the welds between the two. I used a 17" glass pack from Jones Exhaust. Straightforward hotrod glass pack that I painted black with high temp paint. Let me know if you'd like more pics and I can send them

Attachments

#22 · (Edited)
Awesome, I literally just placed my order 5 minutes before your comment. It's Tuesday, hoping for Friday delivery so I can work on it this weekend. I also have my first service scheduled for Thursday so this would be good timing.

*edit*
Shipped: Estimated Delivery Friday September 2

Awesome.

#38 ·
Thanks, I really like it and it was the cheapest option. For me going black was mandatory, that was another $120 (which included the trim pieces on the bike as well), that put's the total cost of the exhaust right at $500 - which is still the least expensive option compared to other Delkevic setups, Two Brothers, and Arrow that were all a couple hundred more.

I think this pipe matches the cruiser look of the S. To each their own, I'm just glad there are several options out there to pick from.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.