LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 01:40 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2015 Vulcan S
Displacement/CC's: 649
Color: All Black
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by minium View Post
Thanks, I really like it and it was the cheapest option. For me going black was mandatory, that was another $120 (which included the trim pieces on the bike as well), that put's the total cost of the exhaust right at $500 - which is still the least expensive option compared to other Delkevic setups, Two Brothers, and Arrow that were all a couple hundred more.
I just got an estimate to have the same thing done, using your photos as reference. The nearest shop that does cerakote is about an 1hr 20mins away. $400 for just the headers and the exhaust can, no trim pieces, and they would have the exhaust for a month. I may have to do some serious shopping around or reconsider going with the 14" system. I live in SoCal, hour and half north of L.A.

If you want to finish, you have to get started.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2016/Kawasaki/Vulcan S Cafe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coontzman View Post
I just got an estimate to have the same thing done, using your photos as reference. The nearest shop that does cerakote is about an 1hr 20mins away. $400 for just the headers and the exhaust can, no trim pieces, and they would have the exhaust for a month. I may have to do some serious shopping around or reconsider going with the 14" system. I live in SoCal, hour and half north of L.A.
That is seriously ridiculous, does the place you contacted specialize in guns or exhaust, or did they say? The place I called told me over the phone that the cost per ft. was $15 and that could go up to $17.5 for larger diameter so I knew it would be $80-100 w/ out the trim pieces.

I would try a couple more places, there should be no shortage in So-Cal - maybe even present it over the phone as "hey, a buddy of mine in Oregon got this done for $120 and I'm looking to get the same thing done...."
post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 05:06 PM
Premium Member
BOTM Winner
June 2016

I wrapped my headers in black header wrap for about $20, and then I sprayed the exhaust pipe in black heat paint for about eight dollars. I didn't have an option to have mine powder coated or anything around here so that was the second best option for me. After 1000 miles it is still looking good. It's smelled at first as the header wrap was drying and 'melding' to the headers but that's gone away now.
Engineerk9 likes this.

post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2016/Kawasaki/Vulcan S Cafe
Quote:
Originally Posted by badkelly View Post
I wrapped my headers in black header wrap for about $20, and then I sprayed the exhaust pipe in black heat paint for about eight dollars. I didn't have an option to have mine powder coated or anything around here so that was the second best option for me. After 1000 miles it is still looking good. It's smelled at first as the header wrap was drying and 'melding' to the headers but that's gone away now.
That is a lot better than $400, and looking at the Cerakote website there is no shortage of people in So-Cal that can do the work - I'd be surprised if there wasn't a handful of options in Colorado.

I was going to try shooting it myself like you did but I was worried about scratching it and durability - and when I called and was told "about $100" over the phone I dropped it off. A lot of the "exhaust paints" also recommend a cure process of running the motor for certain durations and then letting it cool, rinse / repeat - did you have to do any of that?

If I could not have had it done at what I felt was a very reasonable cost I would have gone your DYI route, and it would look good on this setup as well.

I just can't get over the $400 rip off quote.
post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 10:50 PM
Premium Member
BOTM Winner
June 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by minium View Post
That is a lot better than $400, and looking at the Cerakote website there is no shortage of people in So-Cal that can do the work - I'd be surprised if there wasn't a handful of options in Colorado.

I was going to try shooting it myself like you did but I was worried about scratching it and durability - and when I called and was told "about $100" over the phone I dropped it off. A lot of the "exhaust paints" also recommend a cure process of running the motor for certain durations and then letting it cool, rinse / repeat - did you have to do any of that?
All I did was paint mine and install. If I scratch it, I'll just drape a cover over the rest and repaint it. I did the military look because I figured it would get banged up and scratched over the course of its life and that would only add to the character. The paint already has a few dings in it and with the black underneath, it looks more ratty than it does beat up =)
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 05:54 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S
Displacement/CC's: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coontzman View Post
People quote prices and lead times that ridiculous when they don't want the work.
If the customer is crazy enough to pay that much then it's worth taking it on and usually they sub it out to someone else to do the work and just put their mark up on it.
post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 09:34 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Kawasaki Vucan S
Color: Candy Matte Orange just saiyan
Garage
Wow the exhaust looks really good in black. I have seen people using Cerakote on guns, never on exhaust. It looks absolutely awesome on the muffler, super clean.

-Al W.

2016 Kawasaki Vulcan S EN650A non-ABS extras added.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 09:26 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2015/Kawasaki/Vulcan S
Color: Flat Ebony aka black
Garage
I picked up the COM360G from Delkevic and had it Ceramic coated black, the bike was still in pieces when I snapped the pic as I was installing the R&G fender eliminator at the same

Definitely a lot more rumble now with the baffle installed, did not get to ride at -10C (14F) it is a little cold for my taste. Will get better picture and a video once it gets ridable in the great white north

Greg
Cobue likes this.

GR

Last edited by Newfiezedder; 03-05-2017 at 09:33 AM.
post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 12:44 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2015 Vulcan 650S ABS
Color: Black
Just got the Delkevic 21" slash cut exhaust few weeks ago. The sound is incredible. Definitely best sounding and looking exhaust for this bike hands down. It is significantly louder than stock, I wouldn't want it any louder actually and that is with the baffle in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	184201  
Cobue likes this.
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 01:44 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2015 Vulcan S
Color: All Black
Garage
Has anyone noticed performance difference with the slash cut exhaust? Maybe not even using a dyno, but just from riding.

If you want to finish, you have to get started.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode