Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Delkevic header only?

5K views 27 replies 5 participants last post by  Masterdebater 
#1 ·
I love the way the delk sounds but can't convince myself to like the fat can on it. I've scoured the posts about exhaust but nothing about anyone doing just the header and a separate muffler or baffle, much less any info on the one or two people that have. Anyway, main question is what options are there to add to the delk header to look more cruiser style than a crotch rocket? I'm on the fence with ordering and want to asap, figured I'd confer with the hive mind before I spend the couple hundred. Thanks in advance guys!

#2 · (Edited)

I'm right there with you. I ordered a Jones Exhaust 17" glass pack from Summit Racing and all I'm waiting on is for my welder to free up to tack it together before I wrap and install it. I have no idea what it will sound like, but it's a pretty direct fit size-wise and with everybody swapping out baffles and stuffing scouring pads in the tailpipes, I figured backpressure wasn't going to be an issue in throwing a code.

Edit: I can't quite remember the sizing, but the glass pack fits very snugly over the delkevic pipe. I mean, super snug to the point that I almost don't need it welded up, but just clamped instead.

#16 ·
So I installed the header, my muffler will be here tomorrow but had to hear it straight piped, holy hell. I don't see how people can do that. Sounds amazing like a v8 on the drag strip and not raspy like I thought but damn it was loud. Need the muffler and a baffle asap lol

#22 ·
Haha yeah i love the sound, might slap a baffle in it, time will tell after its welded up and I ride it on the road, definitely bearable compared to straight pipe haha. Stupid question but if I order a universal baffle, how do they typically hold in there? Never messed with a baffle before.

#23 ·

Baffles like this are on ebay for cheap, and that's what I have. I drilled a hole in the bottom side of the glasspack and you can see where it simply bolts in. Easiest I can imagine. They are cheap enough (<$5) that I picked up a 4" and 8" just to have them handy. It's not a super tight fit as there is a little gap around them, but I did notice a little decrease in decibels.

Edit: I don't know if it would work with the other canister mufflers and such, but the glasspack I have is straight through, so these fit easily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.