Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Need help diagnosing an electrical problem.

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  dlefont 
#1 ·
Today I started my Vulcan S, let it run for maybe 30 seconds while i zipped up my jacket and gloves, clicked into gear (clutch lever held in) from neutral. I think I heard a pop and the bike died.

I turned the bike off, then on again. Ignition switch does nothing. Button to flash headlight does nothing. But turn signals, horn, dashboard all work.

I checked all the fuses under the seat, left panel, and to the right of the radiator. Now Im not sure what to do and I really dont want to have to tow it to the dealership. Hopefully someone can chime in if there is any relation to the starter and high beam functions.

Thank you in advanced,
David

#3 ·
There is also an "Emergency Shutoff" to kill the engine and shutoff the fuel pump if you drop it or lay it down. But supposedly all you have to do is stand it up and turn the key off and back on to reset it.

Here is a link to the Electrical System...I did notice there is 5 separate Fuse Boxes....any chance you missed one?
https://www.kawasaki.com/Parts/PartsDiagram/157636/2015/EN650BFF

#7 ·
I managed to singe my boots the first ride by putting them on the exhaust of my 800 !

#9 ·
Not only will you forget to put the kickstand up. but forgetting to put it down will probably happen at some point too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.