Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

New Corbin Seat Sneak Peak

47K views 161 replies 34 participants last post by  Mattty 
#1 ·
Here are a couple pics of the first mock up seat and the corresponding email. I must say, although I'm not really into this specific style, that fast back seat looks AWESOME on this bike!!! I'm so excited!!!!

Greets,
Here's a look at the shape we have going on the Gunfighter model.
Looks pretty nice IMHO. This part will be going off to molding
shortly then have a seat in about a week or so. I think. haha.
Guess I'll add these picx to our website now that we have them. ;o)
Hope you're well. Stay dry!

Greg

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Well, that's the idea- a more comfortable seat. That is my biggest issue with this bike. Even with the Extended Reach, I get such bad tailbone pain after 60+ miles. Corbin is one of the go- to aftermarket seat manufacturers in my area. Fingers crossed they get us something that gives us some real comfort, along with good looks of course! I know a lot of folks with Corbin seats and they say it is night and day from the stock... I'm hopeful!

#7 ·
I can't say. I've only know guys with Corbin seats. I've never met anyone with a Saddleman seat, only their bags. But it doesn't look like Saddleman has a seat out yet and I haven't contacted them to inquire. I'm sure both companies' seats would be a much welcomed upgrade from the stock! I'm just going for Corbin based on feedback from my buddies. :)

#9 ·
I had a Saddleman on my old KZ 750 Twin back in the day. Was a really nice seat, wild and had the back high enough to actually support your butt and back....I would definately buy another Saddleman if they come out with one.

#16 · (Edited)
Not sure if anybody get its also but in this months Rider Magazine (April 2016 Pg 29 for Honda F6B) is a Corbin Ad for a seat I think would look great on the Vulcan as a variant to the one shown and similier to the one BlackPearlGirl shows. Only it has a 1.7L storage on the back third of the street. Anybody seen this and any thoughts on it?

#17 ·
Doesn't look like the seat is friendly to tall people. I sit on the back of the extended seat (which is a problem for comfort as the foam is pretty thin closer to the back), and this seat seems to push the sitting position forward (and also a bit lower) than the extended seat; pretty much the opposite of what I am looking for.

I have tried building my own seat with some high density foam, but I haven't been successful in building something that was comfortable when sitting towards the back of the seat, as the seat pan doesn't allow for much thickness in that area.

I am now considering getting those Adjustable foot control to move the foot control even more forward Adjustable Foot Controls for Kawasaki Vulcan '15- AFC0001BK, hoping that would allow me to sit an inch or two forward.

#19 ·
I've owned Corbin seats and also had a Young's Custom Seat made. I liked both, two completely different products.

I think most people that have Corbin fall in love with them, and I certainly enjoyed mine. Great company.

Reactions: JSHRED
#20 ·
Installed the new Corbin today. Did about 50 miles or so. Really liking it. I am six foot, mostly tall in the legs, and I didn't feel too cramped. Your mileage may vary. There is a noticeable tailbone lumbar support feeling. It is also wider than OEM. I don't really need the width, but some butts might like the extra support.
I got mine done just like the ones in the pictures. Already conditioned it, it's shiny and supple and happy. I am really digging it. I wasn't on any crazy bumpy roads, but my spine seems a little less jostled than usual. Might just be my imagination and bias. Maybe I'll put another 1000 on it and see how she's doing. Corbins also supposedly have a break-in period as well. Firm for a while, and eventually end up being "just right."

#25 ·
I thought spring had finally arrived, but no, we have a blizzard today and hurricane winds.
Anyway, tomorrow is supposed to be nicer. I will try to snap some photos if I get the chance to take her out. Maybe some angles other than what you see on the website.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.