Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

What did you pay for your 2015 Vulcan S

25K views 51 replies 27 participants last post by  john j 
#1 ·
Hi,

Going to pick up my bike this weekend.

In SoCal out the door I've been able to get the price to $7,876. For the ABS model. Plus a two night stay at some hotel in Nevada, part of some 4th of July special.

#5 ·
ebinho.......please clarify. With no $500 credit from MawKaw would your price have been $7050? Not nitpicking...just don't understand exactly what you meant...In any event, sounds like your did very well indeed.
Thank you.

#8 ·
Got a quote tin North CArolina today of $7576 our door including $219 state sales tax. Also included in the $7576 quoted price is one year vehicle license, state inspection, title fee and doc fee. I don't know if the bike has ABS or not. I'll check that out and eagerly await ebinho's update on that. Thanks Ebinho for sending the sales invoice. I am also wondering if you had to pay sales tax, license plate and so on as it does not show on the invoice photo. Thanks for sharing.

I test rode a brand new bike today and it sure is powerful for a 650CC...Nice engine.

#40 ·
I don't know if the bike has ABS or not.
I test rode a brand new bike today and it sure is powerful for a 650CC...Nice engine.
You can also see the ABS notched disc rings at the wheels.

I agree, this is a powerful and responsive engine for the size. This is my 12th motorcycle, and smaller in size and cc than most of the motorcycles I have owned. I continue to be favorably impressed by the engine.

#10 ·
This will be my first bike, and I too was looking at the CTX700, knowing you can never go wrong with a Honda... but when I finally got on one, I was really unimpressed with the looks, and it seemed much more top-heavy than the Vulcan. I'm only maybe 5'7", so I want as low a center of gravity as I can get.

As for ABS, it'll just say it on the front brake, and for MSRP it's only a $400 upcharge over the non-ABS version.

#13 · (Edited)
Mine was $7499 sticker price for the ABS model in Houston Texas. After TT&L and a handling fee I came out just shy of $8600.00. The mid reach seat is the standard on all of them right? I thought the extended reach or short reach were the additional cost. I was told if I wanted a Vulcan S w/ the extended reach seat it was an additional $250.00
Where did you gets yours JP? I got mine at propowersports in Conroe. They had a 500 handling fee on mine. They had sold the one on the floor a few days before I got there and they had one but they had to assemble it. It's my first bike purchase. I had asked if it was already assembled & on the showroom floor would I not have to pay that fee. If so I would shop elsewhere. I was told that it's a fee to assemble & check every bike sold. Everywhere. Does anybody know if this is a lie? If it's a false statement then I'm going back up there and demanding recourse.

#14 ·
Mine came with the short reach seat installed for my wife and an extra mid reach seat for free.

I got quite a deal I think.

Mine was $7499 sticker price for the ABS model in Houston Texas. After TT&L and a handling fee I came out just shy of $8600.00. The mid reach seat is the standard on all of them right? I thought the extended reach or short reach were the additional cost. I was told if I wanted a Vulcan S w/ the extended reach seat it was an additional $250.00.

#16 ·
I understand some places may charge. I asked about it specifically & I was told it was common for every dealer. Which it's not. I just looked it up. The salesman knew I would walk and go elsewhere if I knew this so I feel like I was misled. As well I wanted the extended reach seat but I was told it was an additional cost. Which I think is a lie. That's why I thought the Ergo fit of the bike is stupid because sure it can fit multiple sizes but you have to pay extra if you're not the average size. Which makes it like every single other bike & aftermarket support that has different seats & handlebars. I think it was intended by Kawasaki to adjust the bike @ a base price in whatever configuration. I'm pissed off.

#17 ·
Not sure about this but if the dealer does not have an "ergo fit" set up in the shop, it might cost extra. That is what my dealer told me. You could call Kawa Hq marketing and ask.

Most contracts have a stipulation that the contract terms apply no matter what any sales person has told you....I think that might not stand up in court, however.

I do emphathize with you. I feel you were treated shabbily...not all dealers charge for assembly.. I know this for a fact.

Best...When I feel I got screwed, I think it over and if I feel I need to do something about it, I do, and if not, I try to write it off as experience gained..I do not like to feel at odds with anyone; it is, for a me a heavy price to pay.

You still have a very, very nice bike...

#18 ·
As far as the handling fee, I don't think that I can do anything about it. It's part of a contract. I can voice my opinion. And I can talk to the manager & express to him he has lost my future business. Likely he won't care but I can vent some frustration. I'm going to call Kawasaki about the seat. If it's their intention that they will supply the necessary components as a selling feature of the bike for free (or as the initial MSRP of the bike), then I'm going to go in to my shop and demand that they provide me with one. Possibly with the 2 ways I feel like I was potentially shafted I can get some result. I dunno.

I apologize to the OP for swaying off topic on bike prices. Please commence with the original intent of this thread.

#19 ·
Just FYI for everyone. I just got off the phone with Kawasaki. The purpose of the ergofit is to accommodate any size rider. At the time of purchase you can fit your bike with whatever arrangement you want at NO additional cost. Kawasaki will send the dealer the necessary parts. If a bike is there and you want that exact bike and are unwilling to wait for the new seat or bars and you drive off then likely you are stuck with what you have. If you find out later the setup is wrong and you need a different section, likely you'll have to buy that from the parts catalog unless your dealer is willing to do something for you.

If you're purchasing a new Vulcan S and you request a certain arrangement and the dealer tells you it will cost you extra that is completely false. I was stated this directly from Kawasaki. Don't take my word for it, Id suggest anyone call Kawasaki and confirm this if there's a concern. This is the second thing in a month (the first was the shifter issue) that I've had to get Kawasaki involved with. I'm losing confidence in my shop but gaining confidence in Kawasaki as a brand and their customer service.

#21 ·
They didn't charge me. They likely would have if I had decided at the time of purchase it's what I want and I'm willing to pay for it. Instead I just accepted the bike with the average fit seat and figured I'd learn to live with it and be okay.

After finding all this out I called Kawasaki and they are sending out an extended reach seat free of charge. So Kawasaki themselves is taking care of me. They're making my shop oblige. I'm happy to get it sorted out. The only crummy thing is it's on back order with at least a month lead time. But I can't blame them for that.

#22 ·
Good for you to get the seat from MawKaw free of charge, even if it takes awhile...

Enjoy the bike...(At my age, 79, I am grateful that I don't drool yet, and try to not dwell too much on wrongs done to me once I have done what I can to handle them. )

You did well.

#31 ·
Same here, mine was $7,200 everything included. Had them swap it from a mid reach to extended reach pegs before I left. Had to bring the mid reach seat back for the extended reach seat the next day cause the mid reach was literally being a pain I'm my butt... it was hitting my tail bone awkward and wasn't fun. I feel like I'm sorta reaching for the bars with the extended seat by my butt doesn't hurt so meh.

#25 ·
Here in the UK we get the ABS bike only. We get the rear seat and pegs included, but have to pay for ErgoFit if it's required.

The advantage of paying for ErgoFit is you get to keep the original parts in case you sell the bike on to a person who needs the standard fitment.

Wife's bike with OEM windshield fitted, full extended reach kit (seat, bars, and pegs) and all the other nonsense we have to pay to actually get the bike on the road here in the UK was £6339.50 ($9,830).

Feels like I've been raped in the pocket!

#27 · (Edited)
I'm curious what the msrp is on a base model without extra equipment is since it automatically comes with the rear seat and pegs. I wonder if your base price is a better deal than buying an American ABS model with the back seat and pegs added. I got mine for $7200 out the door but that's only because I talked them down all the way from $8400 originally. If I was someone who did not know how to bargain and paid the $8400 price tag (non-ABS) which would have been about $8800 with ABS, plus added the back seat and pegs, the cost may pretty close to what you paid.

#29 · (Edited)
Sale in Milwaukee

I got a great deal from a dealer in Milwaukee on an end of the year clearance. $6519 for a non-ABS which includes, all fees, tax, title, license, installed helmet lock and DC power outlet. :smile2:

Edit: Looking at their website it looks like they only have a green non-ABS model left. If anyone wants their name, PM me.

#30 ·
Very good bargain. I got a similar price a month or so ago from a dealer in Rockingham, NC and decided to not bite the bullet on it, but bought an almost showroom-condition 1995 BMW 3 cyl K75, 27K miles ABS brakes, fuel injected for just over $3k. would love to have a Vulcan S, but my pocketbook says no.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.