Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Luggage

39K views 59 replies 37 participants last post by  Crackensan 
#1 · (Edited)
I love my Vulcan S but am a bit tired of the lack of storage. I was looking for something that would add a reasonable amount of storage without breaking the bank and somewhat follow the lines of the bike. Bought myself the Cortech 2.0 tailbag. Installed OK. Haven't ridden with it much yet. It is meant for a sport bike and I am not sure if I like it yet. What do you think?

I like the Kawi saddle bags. However, by the time I get the brackets, supports, and bags I would be into them for nearly $1,300CDN. Just can't justify that much $$$$ right now.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
I'm considering bags. I got the single rear luggage rack today & installed it. I think it looks really nice.

The only thing I find funny is it had a disclaimer on it that the rack is only suited for a 5lb weight limit. 5lbs!? So I can carry a pillow back there. Great. Anything more and it will collapse.

My intention is to try and strap down a rear bag to it. I haven't picked one out yet. The Cortech doesn't look bad.

#20 ·
Got a set of CS4 saddlebags and quick release EasyBrackets on order. Imported them into the UK from Belgium as it worked out a lot cheaper than sourcing them in the UK. They should be on the bike next weekend and photos will follow.

Cs4 saddlebag sets with CL2XL rigid, leather polyTech saddlebags

They seem to have decent reviews and since Viking don't seem to be up and running at the moment in the UK they may pick up some of the mid-price business (these were around £300 including the brackets.

#21 ·
I checked out the Viking web site and found the Warrior bags. Did you get the large size or medium? How tough is it to clean around the back sides? Thanks.

#23 ·
Wes_Ben, thanks for the reply. If possible, could you post a photo of your bike with the saddlebags on it? I'm thinking seriously about these bags.

#27 · (Edited)
Very nice touch Wes_Ben! I like the way these bags blend in with the rear end. It really adds points to the overall look and flow of the bike. That rear end doesn't look so "naked" anymore with them on it.

Are those the large size bags from Viking?

Thanks for posting.

#29 ·
I bought the Kawasaki's original passegner backrest with the KQR Bracket Kit, I adapted quite easily the C-Bow from Hepco & Becker to this configuration so that I will be able to quickly remove the bags when I don't need them.

I think I'll adapt some Viking Bags using the C-Bow adapter, for test I began ordering the textile bags from H&B, I'll get some pic when ready :wink2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.