Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Put the deposit in today.

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  DoomCrewInc 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello!

I'll start by saying i'm a new member. Cheers from Vancouver Island!

I learned about this bike only recently. I've been riding a Yamaha xt250 for the last while and before then a Honda cm400t. Cm400 was a bit of project that i've decided to call it quits on(persistent oil leak) and so I decided to start looking into mid sized cruiser. I looked across the big 4. Honda, yamaha, suzuki and Kawasaki.

After weighing it out.. the vulcan won by a looooongshot. I was looking forward to shaft drive.. but.. this bike just looks incredible and has everything else i'm looking for. :drool:

Called the dealership and they informed me they've been sold out for months. So i put a deposit in for the 2016 model.

I'm really stoked.

How has everyone been liking theirs so far?

#12 ·
Congrats! AMAZING how successful this new launch from Kawasaki has been. Maybe they'll take note and consider other franken-cruisers. I for one would love a cruiser with a ZX-14 engine in it :)

Enjoy it! I'm not a fan of chain drives either; more maintenance for no real advantage. But, it's certainly not a big deal if you keep up on the maintenance.

#13 ·
I got lucky when I bought mine.
I had contemplated over all the dinosaur bikes available here in Australia that are learner legal and the only decent option was the V-Star 650. Very old technology with a very high premium for what you get.

I decided to finally go for my licence which meant I was ready to actually buy and I had a last ditched look online for any other option and found Vulcan S.
It had only been released (in Aus) 2 weeks prior and had instant appeal. Looks, economy, safety, power and price. It was an instant winner. I was having trouble finding fault until I noticed chain vs shaft drive. The pro's dominated the cons so it became a no brainer.
Now I have it, chain drive has become a first world problem.
You need to check chain slack every couple months and if you get too enthusiastic with lube it splatters your rear wheel, but aside from that it's been nothing but huge wide grins.

My wife has become extremely jealous of the new girl living in the garage and my old car gets lonely gathering dust out front. I got lucky again and have a prospective buyer for the old 4 wheeler which means there's budget for more goodies.

It will be interesting to see what Quacka have to offer for '16 because it can only get better than a total winner.

#14 ·
The Vulcan S is pretty popular. When I went to the local dealer to grab a set of exhaust gaskets to put the new exhaust I just got in on my 900 I noticed they had one in stock. I had a quick seat on it and it seemed like it would be pretty comfy and fun to ride. Promptly someone came over and asked me to get off of it because it was sold. I got to talking to them and they got in 10 of them and sold them all within a month and they are having a hard time getting more in. Looks like MawKaw has a winner. Especially for the female riders. 9 out of the 10 that my local dealer sold in July were to women. And @MrBungle, no hidden "jab" towards you with that last statement. If I was looking for a lower displacement ride, the S would be at the top of the list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.