Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

mods

316K views 340 replies 109 participants last post by  juju 
#1 ·
Cant wait to see some mods for the vulcan 650 s. Would look amazing with fender eliminator and drag bars... anybody see anything abailable please share!

Ive attached a nice one. Dont know if its photoshopped though?

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Considering a new Vulcan S, and the absolute first mod I'd consider is an engine guard. I've dumped my bike enough times to know I would need one. But I haven't seen any photos of any installed nor is one listed on the Kawasaki website. Due to the frame design and radiator, fitting a guard would be a fairly elaborate setup.

#10 ·
#38 ·
I went a bought the Slipstream Spitfire and got it mounted OK on only the third placement attempt. Had to cut the support bars so I could turn but its all good.

Here it is on:

And this is where I mounted it:
Hi Newfiezedder,
Can you please upload front and side shot photo's of your windshield . I'm seriously considering getting one. Thanks for the post.

#20 ·
Well we just put them on yesterday so i haven't had a chance to use them. I like the size and the look of the bags...fits nicely with the size and the lines of the bike. They are leather and they seem like they will hold their shape well. But keep in mind, they are really not that expensive of bags. I bought them to hold me over till i find the perfect hard bags.

I'll keep you all posted.

Linda

#22 · (Edited)
Highly modified (ah, the things husbands will do to make their wife happy :)

I wanted to be able to take the bags off but didn't want to buy detachable because I think they sit too far away from the fender. I also wanted them to sit lower than the the predrilled holes because, well because we can. The muffler is not an issue so the bags can be set lower and then you can still see the pretty green fender :)

To accommodate my requests, husband took the black cover plate off the fender, got longer bolts and ran them backwards through the existing fender holes (so that the nut goes inside the bag). He drilled new holes in the bags to lower them and installed the stabilizing hardware that came with the bags. When cover is opened, it clears the black trim plate and does not touch the fender :)

#23 ·
Awesome!
I'll be ordering a set soon.

Highly modified (ah, the things husbands will do to make their wives happy :)

I wanted to be able to take the bags off but didn't want to buy detachable because I think they sit too far away from the fender. I also wanted them to sit lower than the the predrilled holes because, well because we can. The muffler is not an issue so the bags can be set lower and then you can still see the pretty green fender :)

To accommodate my requests, husband took the black cover plate off the fender, got longer bolts and ran them backwards through the existing fender holes (so that the nut goes inside the bag). He drilled new holes in the bags to lower them and installed the stabilizing hardware that came with the bags. When cover is opened, it clears the black trim plate and does not touch the fender :)

#28 ·
The install was pretty simple really. I used the universal bags, and opted for the hard mounts. They said that the quick release mounts could be used as well.

The only complication was that they have a number of holds drilled already which limits options for drilling to fit your bike. It worked out ok for the Vulcan S.

They have a video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdVlTVuLTS0 and also a chat window which opens when you browse their site... http://www.vikingbags.com/motorcycle-universal-saddlebags.htm

Many of their bags have locks, unfortunately the ones I ended up with do not. There are holes in the closure tabs, but hanging little padlocks there would be a pita.

The ones I got are big enough to pack some rain gear or a few groceries, but really not big enough to be considered luggage. Actually just about what I wanted.

Attachments

#30 ·
I just added the Light bar to the front. I really like it. I am stoked that the color of the light is a cool white!

Before image:

First thing, I had to add the accessory relay. The power lines are already ran for a few accessory circuits (Fog lights, DC outlet, gear position indicator, etc.) - however they don't get any power without the relay installed. Here is a pic of the relay- It's simply a plug-and-play install:

The light bar was shipped completely disassembled. Lots of little grommets, screws, wires, etc. Here is a picture about halfway through assembly of the bar:

And of course there's the switch. This is the only part of the bar I don't like. I personally think it is really ugly, but here it is:

and of course, the after pic:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.