Other interests/hobbies - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Year/Make/Model: 2008 Honda Goldwing Level3
Displacement/CC's: 1800
Color: Pearl White
Other interests/hobbies

Some of us have a winter or storage season to deal with, some not. What else consumes your time and interests?

Got a hobby, other toys, tech stuff you enjoy?

For me, it's Android stuff. Like screwing around with my Samsung Galaxy S3 and new Nexus 10 tablet.

What ya got?
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Top Contributor
Good thread to start up MN. My need for speed in the winter is satisfied by a 500 Venture sled (when we have snow). Downside to the "Bee-Hive" is it only gets 10 MPG, I have to trailer it out of town to the fields (too cheap to Register it for legal trail riding), and can't use it to visit peeps unless I carry extra fuel.

My favorite pastime during Scoot Storage Season is boinking the Old Lady.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Top Contributor
Right now I recently bought a guitar and amp and going to try and learn. I was a band geek in HS so I am not new to music just new to string instruments.

Also I am going to attempt to re-learn to roller skate since my daughter is wanting to learn (4 yo) and it helps to have some one out there with her for inspiration. I have not been on a set since I was 10-12 year old so If I make it threw with out having to go to the ER I will call it a success.

I used to be an avid ATV rider but I sold it a few years back and never got me another one since I now have to haul one somewhere to ride. I used to be able to leave from my house and ride for hours.

1985 Honda Nighthawk 650 (First Bike)
2004 Vulcan 1500 Classic (First Big Bike)
2007 Vulcan 1600 Meanstreak (Love Affair)
1999 Yamaha 1100 V-Star Custom (Right Price at the Time)
2008 V2K Classic (Favorite Vulcan)
2014 HD Ultra Limited (Bells and Whistles)
Who would have thought I would grow up to become "Spatially Educated" and play Connect-the-Dots for a living.
post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 12:21 PM
Lifetime Premium
Firearms! Having interest in a gun store that sells NFA stuff, customers regularly let us take their new toys out to the range to try out. I certainly can't afford a lot of those! And for our own stuff, it is just fun shooting suppressed firearms at exploding targets - it just never gets old!
If I can't get out to do that, then it's laying around watching the duh-screen, and checking the weather report every hour or so ... hey, you never know!

Jerry "Old Bear" Barker
Clarksville, TN
Americas Guardians PS MC
Tennessee 16-A Chapter
"Black Magic" 2011 Vaquero
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 01:17 PM
Lifetime Premium
When I can't get out to ride do to weather, I'll like to play guitar, and go to an indoor shooting range. I find both to be great stress relievers (even my wife likes to fire a few rounds, and she's good at it).

"Freedom is Loving what you do, and the ability to Pursue It!"

2010 900 Classic
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Premium Member
Practicing guitar (mainly acoustic), listening to music and P90x.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Silly rabbit. Winters are for wrenching on motorcycles.

I'm modding an old Honda like the one I had in the 70's. When 350CC wasn't considered a small bike.

Just finished lacing new wheels and spokes. Too cold to paint but the engine rebuild is next.

1972 SL350 K2

If I was concerned about my safety.. I wouldn't ride a motorcycle in the first place..
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Top Contributor
Unfortunately most all of my hobbies are fair-weather activities. Camping, hiking, backpacking, bike riding (non-motorized type), Miata driving, and my son is getting me into skydiving - may be getting too old for that, though!

2006 Vulcan 500 LTD
2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 06:51 PM
El Jefe
Other Interests

For me its Backpacking. I dont just wait for the non riding season of which is very short here in Central Va, I actually combine the two activities when I can Nothing better than riding to a trailhead with the backpack strapped to my back and heading off into the wilderness for a few days and then returning for a nice ride home on the bike.
Its gonna be 65 here in Charlottesville, VA this weekend. Been callin my ridin buddies and we are headed out for a ride on Saturday. Eat your heart out all you northern riders.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 06:54 PM
BOTM Winner, April 2014
During the off season I like to hunt, rabbit hunting is my favorite followed closely by deer & the rest of the samll game, & perfecting reciepes for them too. I raised tropical fish for nearly 30years, African cichlids to be specific. I've had as many as 15 aquariums set up in the house at one time. The largest I had was 300gal. @ 8' long. Lately wrenching on my Meanstreak installing the stuff I got for Christmas.

Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode