Wow! What A Ride! - Page 3 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 06:55 AM Thread Starter

40 pounds of gas on the tongue is much less than two up with 140 pounds just a few feet in. I rode almost a 1000 miles before I hit the bump. It wasn't the gas, it was the pad I mounted. The factory mounted a large cooler in the tongue...I put a good bit of weight in it; no problem.

As to the risk factor in darkside; it is the same as the risk of owning and riding on two wheels. Installing my tire did not require that much pressure. If one uses the right lubricant, it will seat without blowing it to bits.

We all take risk, even you risk when you get on your rides. But we all use common sense and out abilities to cope.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanche View Post
Oldturer, it's always a good feeling getting out of wild situations isn't it? Your darkside theory is plausible. Glad you rode it out safely.
I always give my maker credit for watching after me, and, yes it was a good feeling not to have suffered the road rash I know a little about. Thanks for the well wishes.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 02:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldturer View Post
I always give my maker credit for watching after me, and, yes it was a good feeling not to have suffered the road rash I know a little about. Thanks for the well wishes.
Amen to that, Friend. Ride safe and God Bless.

It ain't about where you live; it's about how you live. So, ride to live, Bruh.
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Greetings Gents !! I made another trip to home and saw a sister thru breast cancer surgery. She is doing great.

I pulled the trailer again and it's amazing how I never know its back there. Still have the same tire on back and showing no wear as yet. I'm up to 15,500 total and 11,500 on this tire. I didn't carry extra gas as I have plenty of choices on the way...even the small back roads I used this time. I have made one change to the bike that was mentioned earlier on...dyna beads.

I did a study and decided to give m a try. I put one ounce in front and two ounces in back. What a difference it made. I can hit any speed and no wabble or shimmy. I also backed off the tire pressure and use what the factory recommends. Both these changes sold me on the beads for sure. They are more that worth the few dollars they cost.

Oh, one thing..I didn't think about getting sunburned as it was cool enough I wore the heavy suit all the way..boy, was I wrong ! Been back a week and still can't shave. the UV's were still as dangerous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode