Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

What exhaust are you running?

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  waldowales 
#1 · (Edited)
I currently have a stock partially Debaffled exhaust.(holes drilled) However I have been watching videos and the Baron Hack & Slash mufflers sound really good to me.

#3 ·
Barons Big and Nasty.

Attachments

#4 ·
I run stock. I prefer my noise to be from my stereo. Also, the Chief of Police here in Waterville is planning on cracking down hard again on loud pipes, and I would rather not have to deal with the BS.

#5 ·
I had Cobra Dragsters on my 900 and I have Cobra slip ons on my Voyager.

#8 ·
Frick i may have to look into buying these next. I love their looks.

Went from stock pipes, then debaffled them, (better, but Still.......) then to the V & H twin slash. (Chrome). Sounds much better. Not stupidly loud at all, but quite manageable. I think mine may be older discontinued ones as their different then the newer offerings from V & H....

#12 ·
Yeah, I can already tell this forum is going to get expensive. Just watched a comparison video, and if the sound quality is at all accurate, I'm not going to enjoy the sound of my 900 until I change the exhaust.

#13 ·
IF you want to keep it cheap, then get the Barons Hack N' Slash slip-on mufflers from Amazon. I paid less than $275 for them. Basically all you gotta do is cut the stock mufflers off at the measured spots, slip on and tighten everything down. It took more time to saw 'em off than anything.

#14 ·
I run V&H big shots on 2004 1600 Vulcan with lots of other mods never hear a bike that sounds better never had someone says theirs sounded better after they heard it. my 2013 Voyager just has the last 2 baffles on each side drilled out.Still quiet but much better than stock

#15 ·
I had Cobra dragsters on my 2001 1500 Classics. I disliked them because they were obnoxiously noisy, even with the baffles wrapped with fiberglass and packed with steel wool. I now ride a 2003 Nomad 1500 FI with Vance and Hines 4" baggers. Same story, too loud. Last Wednesday I wrapped the baffles with fiberglass and packed them with steel wool, but I haven't had a chance to ride it yet it see how it sounds.
Does anybody have a recommendation for QUIET slip-ons if this doesn't work? I don't like having to wear ear plugs when I ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.