Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Handlebars or Risers Question

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  ryano39hara 
#1 ·
I finally got in a ride today after several months of PT for my arthritis and bones spurs in my shoulders. I didn't ride long (maybe an hour) because I didn't want to over do it the first time out. However, even that short time let me know that I could benefit from a couple of inches of pullback on the bars, especially for long distance riding. The height is perfect with stock risers and bars.

Sitting more forward is not an option. I did that on a trip last summer with my luggage on the passenger pillion pushing me forward a bit. Not a comfortable position for me.

My question: Anyone know of any risers for the Voyager that add 2" of pullback, but no more rise than stock? Alternately, bars with 2" more pullback, but no wider would work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#2 ·
I think most pullback risers will come back and also come up, I don't know of any risers that just come back only

#7 ·
I had the same problem, but due to the fact that I'm short. I went from the stock 1.5" riser to the 3.5" it brought it back just enough. And you will be able to adjust the height of the bars where you need them.
I installed risers that are two inches up and two back and what a difference it made. Really made a difference on my back and even on my wrists and arms.
I think most pullback risers will come back and also come up, I don't know of any risers that just come back only
Thanks guys. Yeah, most risers won't work as I described, but I was hoping someone knew of some brand that would. Graybush's suggestion is just the kind of thing I was looking for (and the prices are not bad, either).

The main reason I didn't want to have to adjust the bars down on higher risers is the steeper angle on the grips makes controlling the throttle more difficult on slow, tight maneuvers. I can deal with it if I have to, but would rather not.

#6 ·
#8 ·
What I did was bought risers that raise the bars1-3/4" and back 2". You can loosen the bar set screws on the risers and experiment with tilting the grips up or down until they feel right, then tighten the bars down. Two inches up won't change the angle of the grips hardly at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.