Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

RainX on ClearViewShield screen

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  rengelen 
#1 ·
Anyone know if RainX or similar is safe on a ClearViewShield?
Heading upto Northwest States in 2 weeks, factoring in some haze gray rides-

#2 ·
I use BugSlide. It's a cleaner and polish. Rain beads off as if Rain-X was on it. Excellent. Of course that's just my opinion, and I'm sure someone on here will disagree and recommend what they use, because it's the best. I guess we'll have to add windshield cleaner to the oil, filter and tire waylay. Try BugSlide though, you might like it. Got it on Amazon.

#5 ·
Here's a quote from Clearview cleaning instructions:

" We recommend Novus #1 Polish available through Clearview Shields, Rain-X Original Auto Glass Treatment (clear appearance), Honda Line Spray Cleaner, or even Pledge Furniture Polish."

Reactions: rengelen
#6 ·
I have tried Rain-X and all it did was produce tiny water droplets all over my windshield, in effect fogged the windshield. Quit using it after that. Plus be careful about getting any Rain-X on any painted surface. It penetrates the paint, making it very difficult to repaint in the future.

Starting long ago I just use a good paste wax on my windshield and faceshield, products like Turtle Wax, Meguiers, etc.Put on a nice thick coat and buff it out.

#7 ·
............Starting long ago I just use a good paste wax on my windshield and faceshield, products like Turtle Wax, Meguiers, etc.Put on a nice thick coat and buff it out.
I like that idea. Sometimes the old fashioned ways are still the best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.