Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Sunglasses Solution

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Kawigirl 
#1 ·
I was having trouble putting on my helmet then jamming my $150 sunglasses past all the padding.

So I went on Ebay and found "Nemesis" safety glasses - three pair for about 15 bucks. They come with goofy flexible earpieces. If you just pull them off, you're left with a perfect size earpiece. It stays put, but doesn't require you to shove anything where it doesn't want to go.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I was having trouble putting on my helmet then jamming my $150 sunglasses past all the padding..
buck fifty? for shades?.. by now you should kno the universal law of rentention. the length of possession is inversely proportional to the price paid.. that being a law of nature, if they were free, you would have them forever.. ie, you couldn't give them away.

#3 ·
I wear regular glasses, and couldn't deal with full face helmets for the same reason : hard to put on the helmet over the glasses, and hard to put the glasses on after the helmet. So I have a 3/4 helmet, which doesn't fight me. And the GMAX helmet I have has a built in sun-visor which is very very helpful when the sun is low.

#5 · (Edited)
So I have a 3/4 helmet, which doesn't fight me. And the GMAX helmet I have has a built in sun-visor which is very very helpful when the sun is low.
3/4 helmets. I wear for hearing aid protection. don't want to lose these are $6-7k to replace.. recently got one them Modular flip down full face jobs. I took the cheek pads out and it is eazy to put on over my hearing aids and sunglasses go on/off no problems.
can put the chin bar down and get full protection even w/o the cheek pads. http://www.cyclegear.com/BILT-Demon-Modular-Motorcycle-Helmet $79 on sale in stores most cities.

#13 ·
I have no problem putting my fullface on when I ride with it.I just tip it forward and kinda slide it down around my glasses,both prescription and shades.Never had a problem with my glasses all the years I was racing stock cars or riding.I too,have one of my helmets with the sunscreen face shield that flips down over my clear one,works great and just slides up out of the way when it gets dark.On the other hand, the helmet I wear when I go to track days with the R-6,I have to take my glasses off and push my helmet down on my head and try to weasel my head in it then try to get my glasses in.I'd like to also hear why you were at the bottom of the lake...

#15 ·
Had to do a little trimming on my last pair of shades. (cheap polarized) Cut back the ends so it doesn't hang so far behind the ears. Helmet guys - trim out a slot above the ears!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.