Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Engine Guard Chaps

5K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  WEG 
#1 ·
Do any of my fellow Canadians know of a manufacturer for highway bar chaps? I've bumped into a couple local Vulcan riders and they mentioned out in western Canada there's someone making them. I can't remember the name. They looked good on their bikes. I'm aware of U.S. companies like sagebrush but would like to see what we canucks have to offer. Thanks, ride safe and stay warm!

#2 · (Edited)
Sage Brush Engine Guard Chaps are canukistan in yor hood, even us 'merikans patronize canuks.

Sage Brush Designs
727 Archwood Rd SE
Calgary AB Canada
T2J 1C1

Local Ph. 403-258-2270
TOLL FREE: 1-866-358-2270 anywhere in United States and Canada.

GPS cordinates: 50.96506 & 114.045

#3 ·
a friend in my bike club has the DESERT DAWGS chaps on his engine guards on his 1500 vulcan and he loves them. I believe they are a USA company also. I dont know of any canadian company that makes them.

#5 ·
I have a pair that came with my Nomad. They do reduce the wind on my shins, but they also seemed to increase the helmet buffeting.
it helps tremendously to sit up straight and keep yor head above the handy bars.

#6 ·
Mine stay on year round on both my rides. Tried to take them off once, lasted less then a day and they were back on. I find no draw backs whatsoever!

Not on point of discussion I know. Just my 2 cents.

#11 ·
Gee thanks guys! All comments are welcome when it comes to me...means someone is listening! LOL. Didn't pick up that Sagebrush is in Alberta, my bad. I love money so thanks for your 2 cents DeputyLoud. Also love the pipes, you know that haha. I too suffer from Sciatica it sucks....Poncho Villa makes me laugh! Cheers gang!

#12 ·
. I too suffer from Sciatica it sucks....Poncho Villa makes me laugh! Cheers gang!
jus doin my jobb. everbody is put here for a reason.. mos folks don't have a clue why.. yet?

Reactions: DeputyLoud
#13 ·
My Chilhowee chaps. I almost wasn't going to post the pic as I have not been able to get on their site this week. Not sure what's up with that. But they are a very heavy high quality leather. No fake vinyl here. I have bought a few things from them. Expensive, but as they say you get what you pay for.

Attachments

#15 ·
I spoke with Chris at Sagebrush and bounced a few ideas off him. I can tell he's not just trying to sell me something....he's sharing honest opinions and trying to make what's best for me. I ordered my chaps with a Vulcan embroider. Sounds like a quick turn around too. Seems like a down to earth chap.

Attachments

#16 ·
Hi Summershandy,

I am hoping to order these engine guard chaps soon from Chris at Sagebrush and am wondering if you have received yours yet and how happy you are with them. I was also thinking of having him add the Vulcan Logo (embroidery) so it is great that you have already done so as he will now have the artwork needed.

Thanks,
VLT900

#21 ·
And on the point of the straps you mentioned. Yes these are a better design. The ones on my Vulcan have 2 straps across the radiator as you stated. But I ran them underneath my chrome rad cover. Out of site out of mind. Worked out well. I will say I like the leather quality from Chilhowee better, as they are softer. But not noticeable at all visually, and the Sagebrush brand are still high quality, just a different grade I would say. Cost was comparable but I got more for my money from SB with the added options.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.