Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

posting pics

48K views 63 replies 47 participants last post by  cvinson 
#1 ·
Since there's been some questions lately as to how to post pics, I figured I'd post how I do it. *DISCLAIMER* I'm not a computer guru type, this way just happens to work for me and there's probably better/easier ways to do it.

I use a cheap POS Kodak Easyshare digi-cam set on the highest resolution setting. I upload the pics to my pc and use Microsoft Picture It! Photo Premium 9 to re-format the pics I want to post to 800x600. There's other photo software that does the same thing, MS just happened to come with my pc.

Once re-formatted, I upload the pics to http://photobucket.com you'll have to start an account there, but it's free. Once you've uploaded pics to photobucket, you can right click on the "direct link" box underneath your pic and copy it. Click on the "insert image" button when you post a new thread or reply to a thread here. A dialog box will come up, delete the "http://" that shows up in the box, then right click and paste, hit "OK" and you're done, pic posted. Hope this helps.

If it still gives you fits(like it does me at times:p)pm me the pic and I try to post it.

Rob

See less See more
#2 ·
Great post, you can also upload pics directly to your post by clicking the "manage attachments" button" in the additional options below your reply/post.

And they show up as thumbnails, you can click on the thumbnail and copy the address to then paste into your post. The sizes vary but I think you can upload 5 pics, just less than 200k each per post.

Pic of my sportbike on the way back from WV last weekend

Attachments

#3 ·
Another option is that as a member of this site you have personal gallery space you can upload photos to and be able to share anywhere which you can't do with uploaded thumbnails, only logged in members can see uploaded pics to your posts.
This reminds me, I need to fix April BOTM pic I put on the front page, I used a thumbnail so unless your logged in it doesn't display. I'll save the pic to my gallery and edit the April BOTM thread. :)

#4 ·
I learned something today. :)

You can upload high resolution photo's to the gallery but linking the pics to threads are restricted by size. If you upload a picture to the gallery you can link to 3 different sizes. The mini is the thumbnail size, not good for showing pictures, medium and large. I just had to use the medium size for an uploaded pic about 1 meg so it would link correctly.

Thanks, hope this helps as it took me a few minutes to figure this all out. :D

#10 ·
Great looking Nomad, Phil. I see your a neighbor- my wife lived in both Medford and Medford Lakes growing up. We've been living in Mount Laurel now for over 18 years :eek: . Did you get the bike at Cycle World or Mt. Holly Kawasaki? Hope to see ya on the road.

#11 · (Edited)
Testing Testing

If this works it will be a picture of my bike still sitting at the dealership. I don't know why the date looks so wonky - either their camera is not set up properly or I am getting a bike that has been in stock forever??? Whatever...she looks sweet! I will be back on that side of the globe and riding in just under 3 months! Just in time to put it away for the winter...ha ha ha, I hope to get 1000 kms on her at least before the snow flies.

THIS is what I am switching over from. I sold my Gixxer last summer when I decided to come back to finish my university degree. I sure do miss her!

#12 ·
cruznut6 NJ Bikers for Christ

Hey Neighbor Bob!
Good to hear from you and I think your bike is real nice also!! Yeah, been in Medford for 6 plus years. Grew up in Willingboro back in the 60's. Is NJ Bikers for Christ a group you ride with? I would like to ride with you sometime. I attend Trinity Episcopal Church in Vicintown and ride with two guys from Church. Let me know, since we are so close to each other, hopefully getting together shouldnt be a problem. Thanks again,
Phil :)

#14 ·
Hey Phil

I've also bought 3 bikes from Mt. Holly Kawasaki from Lisa.She knows her stuff and gave me good trade-in numbers (after some negotiations, of course!). It's kind of interesting that you attending church in Vincentown; I grew up in Southampton Twp., have a niece that still lives there and I use to work there years ago for an RV dealership. Regarding Bikers For Christ, my wife and I are riding "lone wolf". We tried forming a Chapter here last year representing the southern part of NJ, but didn't have enough interest to succeed. I have a close friend that I ride with who's name happens to be Phil and is also a BFC member. There's a NJ Bikers For Christ Chapter near Freehold, but I haven't ridden with them recently because of the distance. I welcome the chance to ride with and your "brothers". Hope we can get together soon! Just post here or you can email me at: bobpenn@verizon.net.

#16 ·
Sweet Ride

#19 ·
Yeah, I did it! Don't take much to make my day, huh? Ha Ha. Thanks again for the help. And thanks for the compliment on the bike, it is really just what I wanted. I had sat on several of them in the showrooms and always thought they would handle nice and I was right. Really enjoy cruising the countryside and I "practice" in town alot also.
EAGLE-ONE313
LoneRider

#21 ·
I was still getting red x's so I followed your link, did the copy/paste on the IMG code found on the left side of that page and pasted it here-

Beautiful scoot! I love the paint!!

#24 ·
Pictures of the install of my new footpegs and brake and shift pedal covers. First install I ever did and it was fairly easy.

Attachments

#25 ·
think you could post some pics that are big enough for everyone to see. Im not trying to be an ass, i just am really intrigued and want to see them bigger.

What kind are they?

#27 · (Edited)
pics of my other bikes

just have the vn 1600 2008 classic and the zzr1400 2008 a.b.s now? due to wife moaning but its ok for her to have 20 odd pair of shoes? the other bikes are zx636ninja cf6 2006 model,honda cbr 600 fw 1998 model track and road bike,zrx1200s 2003 model,gsxr600 srad 1999 model,zx6r g2 1998 model, zx7r 2002 p6 model, [