posting pics - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
posting pics

Since there's been some questions lately as to how to post pics, I figured I'd post how I do it. *DISCLAIMER* I'm not a computer guru type, this way just happens to work for me and there's probably better/easier ways to do it.

I use a cheap POS Kodak Easyshare digi-cam set on the highest resolution setting. I upload the pics to my pc and use Microsoft Picture It! Photo Premium 9 to re-format the pics I want to post to 800x600. There's other photo software that does the same thing, MS just happened to come with my pc.

Once re-formatted, I upload the pics to http://photobucket.com you'll have to start an account there, but it's free. Once you've uploaded pics to photobucket, you can right click on the "direct link" box underneath your pic and copy it. Click on the "insert image" button when you post a new thread or reply to a thread here. A dialog box will come up, delete the "http://" that shows up in the box, then right click and paste, hit "OK" and you're done, pic posted. Hope this helps.

If it still gives you fits(like it does me at times)pm me the pic and I try to post it.

Rob

-------------------------------------
'02 Vulcan 1500 Drifter
'07 Vulcan 900 Classic
'06 HD XL1200C
'76 HD XLH
Patriot Guard Rider
SCRC, Rolling Hills Chapter 314
-Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 07:39 PM
hasbeen

Great post, you can also upload pics directly to your post by clicking the "manage attachments" button" in the additional options below your reply/post.

And they show up as thumbnails, you can click on the thumbnail and copy the address to then paste into your post. The sizes vary but I think you can upload 5 pics, just less than 200k each per post.

Pic of my sportbike on the way back from WV last weekend
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DG 08 29.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	13  
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 07:47 PM
hasbeen

Another option is that as a member of this site you have personal gallery space you can upload photos to and be able to share anywhere which you can't do with uploaded thumbnails, only logged in members can see uploaded pics to your posts.
This reminds me, I need to fix April BOTM pic I put on the front page, I used a thumbnail so unless your logged in it doesn't display. I'll save the pic to my gallery and edit the April BOTM thread.

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 06:04 PM
hasbeen

I learned something today.

You can upload high resolution photo's to the gallery but linking the pics to threads are restricted by size. If you upload a picture to the gallery you can link to 3 different sizes. The mini is the thumbnail size, not good for showing pictures, medium and large. I just had to use the medium size for an uploaded pic about 1 meg so it would link correctly.

Thanks, hope this helps as it took me a few minutes to figure this all out.
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsVn900 View Post
Since there's been some questions lately as to how to post pics, I figured I'd post how I do it. *DISCLAIMER* I'm not a computer guru type, this way just happens to work for me and there's probably better/easier ways to do it.

I use a cheap POS Kodak Easyshare digi-cam set on the highest resolution setting. I upload the pics to my pc and use Microsoft Picture It! Photo Premium 9 to re-format the pics I want to post to 800x600. There's other photo software that does the same thing, MS just happened to come with my pc.

Once re-formatted, I upload the pics to http://photobucket.com you'll have to start an account there, but it's free. Once you've uploaded pics to photobucket, you can right click on the "direct link" box underneath your pic and copy it. Click on the "insert image" button when you post a new thread or reply to a thread here. A dialog box will come up, delete the "http://" that shows up in the box, then right click and paste, hit "OK" and you're done, pic posted. Hope this helps.

If it still gives you fits(like it does me at times)pm me the pic and I try to post it.

Rob
Rob,
Thanks a lot for the info, I will give it a shot real soon, dont have time tonight. Thanks again,
Phil
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 10:46 AM

Hey Everyone,
I'm trying to post a pic.This is my first time and hopefully it worked.Thanks to everyone for the instructions
Phil
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 10:54 AM

09 Nomad 1700 (one more pic)

Hey KsVn Rob,
Thanks again.It was your instructions that I followed.
Nomad 1700 Phil
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
Glad it worked for you! That's a beautiful Nomad!!

-------------------------------------
'02 Vulcan 1500 Drifter
'07 Vulcan 900 Classic
'06 HD XL1200C
'76 HD XLH
Patriot Guard Rider
SCRC, Rolling Hills Chapter 314
-Rob
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 03:12 PM

Thx Rob

Thanks again, Your bike is real nice! Maybe someday when I have some extra coin, I can customize my bike a little.
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 08:58 PM

Great looking Nomad, Phil. I see your a neighbor- my wife lived in both Medford and Medford Lakes growing up. We've been living in Mount Laurel now for over 18 years . Did you get the bike at Cycle World or Mt. Holly Kawasaki? Hope to see ya on the road.

Bob
NJ Bikers For Christ
Colossians 2:10- And in Him you are made Complete.
2006 V2K LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode