American Motorcyclist Association - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

American Motorcyclist Association

The AMA protects your right to ride. We fight bike bans, land closures, health-care discrimination against motorcyclists, and more. Plus, the AMA is committed to providing the best benefits possible for its members to save them time and money. We are also dedicated to amateur racing, providing amateur competitors and their families, friends and fans with exciting andenjoyable racing events that create lifelong memories. We also publish American Motorcyclist magazine, which focuses on the accomplishments of our members in all forms of riding, whether it's racing, cross-country touring or trail riding. The AMA is dedicated to all these things, and more. After all, we love to ride.

www.AmericanMotorcyclist.com

Check out some of our new motorcycle forums:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

|
|
|
|
|

|
If you are interested, we are looking for moderators and admins to help grow
these sites.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 10:31 PM

Just received my packet yesterday! Glad to be a member!

Mark

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Mark Honey

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 08:33 PM

We need the AMA

I'd also like to encourage members of this forum to join the AMA. I've been a member since 1978 and hold life member #775430. Now more than ever we need people in Washington to defend our right to ride. In addition, you will get a very nice monthly magazine, discounts on many items, including motel room rentals and eyeglasses, and also receive discounts at many motorcycle events.

Smokey

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Top Contributor

Re-joined two months ago - they had my old number saved, so I'm in my eighth year as an AMA member.

vid
big grips, 19-42 tooth sprockets
rusty handlebars, rusty pegs, rusty mirrors
wrapped Cobra exhaust, K&N Air Filter

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 07:20 PM

Garage
Thumbs up Joined AMA

I joined as a Champion Member and just received my package. Everything sounds great. We have to do everything in our power to protect our right to ride. Every little bit helps.

2010 1700 Nomad
Cobra FI2000R
Thunder Air Kit (51010)
Kawi Light Bar
Front Fender Trim Rail
Saddlebag Trim Rails
Grasshopper Driver Back Rest
Cobra License Plate Frame (Vulcan)
Flags and Mounts by Rumbling Pride
Kuryakyn Long Horns
Headlight/Spotlight Visors
Kuryakyn ISO Grips w/RACNRAY MOD
AMSOIL 10W40
Hot Leathers Clutch&Brake leathers 17"
Nation Cycle Chrome Rear Fender Trim
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Lifetime Premium

Have been a Life Member of AMA for many years.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2012, 01:09 PM

Thumbs up

Very worthwhile organization.

Scotty J
2010 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Nomad
AMA 1050493
VBA 01583
VROC 27581
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Top Contributor

Wow... get this... I just renewed, and got into a discussion about the emergency service in case a bike breaks down - I was asking if I could have a second card so I could keep one card on each bike so I would always have a card with me (she told me to call back after I receive my new renewal card, as they can only send out one card at a time)... anyway, she told me that all of my vehicles were covered under the policy - including my truck.

So... even though I gave up on the AAA years ago over a dispute (paid for years, the one time I called the tow company they called refused to show up), I wouldn't need them anyway if my truck gets a flat or something.

I swear I never saw that their emergency roadside assistance program covered cages.

vid

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Year/Make/Model: 2008 Honda Goldwing Level3
Displacement/CC's: 1800
Color: Pearl White
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I swear I never saw that their emergency roadside assistance program covered cages.
WHAT?!?! Cages covered? This got my attention! I am a member of both the AMA and AAA and my AAA membership is up this month. Looks like I have been paying double for the same service. Just had a mini war with AAA. They were bombing my mailbox, email and just recently my cell phone with offers for insurance and other crap. I went to their website and established an account hoping I could opt-out of all the advertising but conveniently there was no such option on their site. I emailed them and demanded it to stop or no renewal but now it appears I won't need to renew at all!

Jeff, Twin Cities, MN

*You will be able to view signature links after you make two posts in the forum*

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********* View Post
WHAT?!?! Cages covered? This got my attention! I am a member of both the AMA and AAA and my AAA membership is up this month. Looks like I have been paying double for the same service. Just had a mini war with AAA. They were bombing my mailbox, email and just recently my cell phone with offers for insurance and other crap. I went to their website and established an account hoping I could opt-out of all the advertising but conveniently there was no such option on their site. I emailed them and demanded it to stop or no renewal but now it appears I won't need to renew at all!
I'd suggest you double check with the AMA. I mean, the girl I spoke with was really cool and nice, but I want to hear it and read it a few times before I'm sure.

vid

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode