Biker wavee etiquet. - Page 3 - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums
 82Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 11:04 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2015 Voyager
I try waving at everybody riding anything resembling a motorcycle. The vast majority wave back. It's a simple act of respect that costs nothing.
Heck, I even give and usually receive a wave back from Amish males in horse drawn buggies. Good karma - priceless.

Have fun out there!
MikeG and VulcanSrider like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 01:14 PM

I wave to all,nod my head if my hand is busy.Scooters too,you don't know their situation and it might brighten their day.Use caution, as a new rider down here waved at an oncoming bike,lost control and hit the other bike head on and killed them both.
post #23 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 08:37 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
Garage
Some of it's regional. In upstate New York it seemed like nobody waved. In Canada (Quebec) the few other motorcycles I saw all waved. Down in Texas everyone waved, Oklahoma was hit or miss. Here in Missouri; everyone waves. Arkansas is pretty good too.

When I first started riding I did the whole two fingers off to the side biker thing. Today? Meh. I'll raise a few fingers off of the left grip to say "hello", maybe raise my hand off of the grip a little if I'm feeling adventurous. That's about it. But I do wave back to everyone who waves at me, and occasionally initiate as well. I tried to wave to a bunch of people in Upstate NY because I honestly wanted to 'figure out' if they just didn't do it there and, truth be told, I only got one person to ever wave back. Nobody did. Regardless of brand, type of bike, whatever.

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT

post #24 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 12:07 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2012 Vulcan 1700 Classic
Color: Black and Chrome
Garage
I went riding this past weekend up here in New Hampshire and 95% of the riders waved. whether i initiated it or they did. Then there was a guy who was riding that cut me off. I guess he didnt feel like doing the speed limit.

The Beast:
2012 Vulcan 1700 classic
Black and Chrome
Green Led Lights

*To God be the Glory*
post #25 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 08:04 PM

Garage
I flashed my hi-beam to let a big rig merge into my lane and I got a nice low cruiser wave out of his window from him when I passed on the left a little later

I work as an EMT and we all tend to wave to other companies ambulances if we pass by each other. At least my arm gets a rest in my car

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'06 VN 750

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rare around these parts
post #26 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 08:40 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2016 Vulcan Classic SE
Displacement/CC's: 900
Color: Imperial Red/Grey Metallic
Garage
Just started riding here in Central Ontario (Canada) and almost every cruiser I pass waves, some more noticeable than others, but they wave. Most sport bike riders have been waving too, but a few haven't or I've just missed it. I remember driving an MG Midget and all MG owner's would flash their lights when passing each other. Respect and camaraderie - we're all in the same club.

Funny... after getting my M2 but before I got my bike, I wanted to wave at every motorcycle that passed - from my car! lol

Cheers,
Rider 50 and B-BUD like this.

Mike "TOGR" Guilbault
2016 Vulcan 900 Classic SE
post #27 of 80 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrider View Post
I wave at anything less than 4wheels,if they don't wave back oh well,Irks me tho...wait I just say that?
Ride safe
Yup, me too....
but if they don't wave back, sometimes my "all 4 fingers" hand wave slims down a bit.

You never see a bike parked outside a psychiatrist's office

07 Vulcan 900 custom,
96 VS800 Intruder,
01 1200 HD Sporty...
post #28 of 80 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 08:55 AM
Top Contributor

I wave at all but little scooters, and sometimes do to them as well..

I don't pay attention to see if the other rider waves back..I wait until we are within 20 feet of one another and then wave but do not look their way to see if they wave back. I often can tell if they do as a result of peripheral vision.

Grace + Peace,

Bob
2009 Vulcan 500
post #29 of 80 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 09:18 PM

I waive at everyone from Vespa scooter riders to the Banditos. We're all out in the wind enjoying something we like at a level we are comfortable with. Not everyone wants to be a 1% and not everyone wants to be Rossi. We're all in this together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mredlancelot likes this.
post #30 of 80 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 06:42 PM

Year/Make/Model: 2008 MeanStreak
Displacement/CC's: 1600
Color: Red
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher603 View Post
I went riding this past weekend up here in New Hampshire and 95% of the riders waved. whether i initiated it or they did. Then there was a guy who was riding that cut me off. I guess he didnt feel like doing the speed limit.
Preacher, I'm up here in New Hampshire as well in the Monadnock Region. I give the wave or 2-finger to just about anything on 2 wheels. Most respond. About half of the Harley riders do though. Must be busy figuring out how to make the next payment I guess.

If you ever want to ride, give me a hollar. The backroad environment in this State is just fantastic.

-Bone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kahn Profile - Copy.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	177378   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161019_123430_1476903360158.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	177386   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161014_142546_1476903568490.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	177394   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161017_124238_1476728841618.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	177402  
mredlancelot and RScottie like this.

-Bonequark, aka, Kahn
2008 'Saki Mean Streak 1600, which is
faster than my 2005 GTO

------------------------------------------
So Damned Happy to be Back in the Wind!

1972 'Saki 350 Triple - 1973 Honda 750-4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode